Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Encyclopedia of all Mods

Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Encyclopedia of all Mods

TW has a place for Budget mods, basic mods, and disorganized mods. I've decided to put all mods in one user friendly thread to help everyone out! Please be patient while i assemble all the significant mods. If you take the time to do a write-up, please don't delete it 6 months later. Pm me all new mods to be added to the OP!

{A}
Audio
General car audio FAQ's
Stereo upgrade basic how-to
Basic speaker upgrade DIY
Radio "on" w ignition off mod
DIY Aux input 05-08 Factory HU
DIY Aux input that overrides FM 05+
Grom audio aux adapter
installing speakers/amp to factory HU
How to change LED's in stock HU
Steering wheel control interface
RegCab rear speaker DIY
XM radio install
05+ DC complete audio install
How-to tundra usb/aux on aftermarket HU

{B}
Battery
Dual Battery install

Bed
DIY Bed storage locks
D-ring install
LED bed lights with dash switch
How to wire bed pocket lamps
Bed lights w tailgate pin switch

Brake
ABS disable mod
How to-changing third brake light
Colorado Third brake/cargo light mod
Front brake pad change DIY
05+ 5-lug brake pad DIY

Bumper
General bumper info

{C}
Camera
09+Rear camera on anytime
DIY tailgate camera 05-08 Taco

CB
CB install DIY
Hidden CB install

Compressor
On board air install

Console
Overhead compass/temp fix
Center console+glove box on/off light
Center console removal
DIY Overhead compass/temp console
Replacing shift indicator lamp

CV
How to-CV axle removal/wheel bearings

{D}
Detailing
DIY badge removal/painting
Tinting tail lights
Climate control back light/face color change

Differential
A-Trac/Trac/Auto Lsd explained
How a differential gear works
Changing differential fluid DIY
Front differential and TC oil change DIY
Differential breather mod
Differential breather mod for dummies
ToyTec differential drop DIY

Door
Door panel removal
Sealing+deadening door panels
Replacing exterior door handles
How-to disable 05+ door buzzer

{E}
Electronics
Electronics basics
Wiring a remote start system
How to install homelink
illuminated 4wd switch
Hardwire your GPS
Easy Gps hardwiring
OEM cruise control-DIY

Engine
Ticking engine fix 1GR-FE
How-to 1GR-FE Supercharger install

{F}
Fuse
Secondary fuse block install

{G}
Grill
How to remove 2012 Grill
2012 Grillcraft install
2012 Satoshi grill
Homertaco grill install
Satoshi grill DIY 05-11

{I}
Inverter
inverter anytime mod

Lights
Headlight removal
Foglights on with high beams
Foglights on with parking/low beams
Non-OEM fog light install
Black headlight mod
How to change tail lights
DTRL toggle switch mod
DIY wiring aftermarket lights
05+ Daytime Running light DIY
Installing HID lights
Hella 700ff HID conversion
How-to wire reverse lights
How-to mount 2 Hella 700ff's behind stock grill

Locker
Removal/installation e-locker 3rd member
2nd gen grey wire mod
Locker anytime alternative

{M}
Mirrors
OEM heated mirror DIY
El cheapo heated mirror DIY
4 runner heated/signal/power mirror DIY

{O}
Oil
DIY oil change 1GR-FE
Oil filter comparison
Oil pan heater mod

{R}
Rack
OEM roof rack install

{S}

Seats
Bench>Buckets/center console/airbag system mega thread
Bench>Bucket Swap
Working airbags system w/ aftermarket seats
Non-airbag buckets>2010 Regcab
DIY leather interior

Sliders

General slider info

Spark Plugs

How to change spark plugs 1GR-FE
How to change spark plugs 2TR-FE
The truth about spark plugs

Step
05+running board install

Suspension
General suspension info
Long travel general info
DIY squeaky leaf fix
2nd gen rear shock install
AAL install DIY
Icon stage 4 instructions
How to swap spindles
General lift FAQ guide
Suspension lift general info
Official spindle instructions
How to 1" body lift
Installing Toytec lift kit

{T}
Tailgate
DIY power tailgate lock
How to prevent tailgate theft mod
Pop N lock power tailgate lock

Throttle Body
How to clean Throttle Body 1GR-FE

Tire

Bypassing TPMS

Towing
Taco Towing Bible

Transmission
How to drain/fill 1GR-FE 5-Spd Auto trans
1G-RFE 5-spd auto trans flush DIY

{W}

Windows
One touch window mod

Wiper
OEM intermittent wiper DIY
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting to be the first comment on an important thread has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost I would like to thank TCBob for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents for bringing me into this world. I would also like to thank my pet goldfish for surviving against all odds. Next I would like to thank all the mods and members of Tacomaworld, this is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be the moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a couple other people I would like to thank. I would like to thank my dog for always being around when I'm alone at home, the light that makes it possible for me to see the keyboard, the internet for letting me go on TW, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people with no lives who took the time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal this is to me. I have been trying to snag this opportunity for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out their reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you TW.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Doing a great job so far......

Many people here will appreciate the effort you are putting in.....
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
Doing a great job so far......

Many people here will appreciate the effort you are putting in.....
Thanks man, trying to make it as user friendly as possible
Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
MBTacoma12 is on a distinguished road
MBTacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for breaking them down easier to find this way
Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #8
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X2! but there is no locker anytime mod??? put it in the differential section! then it would be sticky material.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good so far man! Good idea. SManZ has a good DIY supercharger install write up on here you can add. I'm sure that list will grow quite a bit and be ever expanding.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
Professional Grease Monkey
JustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Maintenance
Name: J
JustAddMud's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #11
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting to be the first comment on an important thread has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost I would like to thank TCBob for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents for bringing me into this world. I would also like to thank my pet goldfish for surviving against all odds. Next I would like to thank all the mods and members of Tacomaworld, this is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be the moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a couple other people I would like to thank. I would like to thank my dog for always being around when I'm alone at home, the light that makes it possible for me to see the keyboard, the internet for letting me go on TW, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people with no lives who took the time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal this is to me. I have been trying to snag this opportunity for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out their reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you TW.
WTF?!

Anyway OP +1 for the work! Making it easy for us!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Already exists and is on every page you view.

Attached Thumbnails
Encyclopedia of all Mods-capture.png  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

Damn. You beat me to it.

Sorry Mr. Buzz but you spent some time doing nothing. Thanks for trying though.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

and
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
{O}
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
May already exist but this is much easier to use and is nicely organized.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
this one is better. +1
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
+1
Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
X2! but there is no locker anytime mod??? put it in the differential section! then it would be sticky material.
Its called the grey wire mod, he has it on the list
Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason I was thinking this was going to be Bio's about the Moderators