1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Access Cab roof speakers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Monkeyboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    dcam616

dcam616 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Pekin, Il.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma, reg. cab
    door speakers;AVS bug guard, AVS. inchannel vent visors.
    Thanks Monkey boy; now that I know theres wiring for rear spk. Ill look under the dash,and look for that wire harnes. So I might not have to pull off the A pillar cover off. Ive talked to two dealers, they have no clue,so theypast me off to there so called best (techs). I nomore about the stereo system than all of them put together.And I only have under a 160 miles on my truck. All I got was run around-they got my money and this is no big problem,to them so they wont go the extra mile to find any thing out about this they keep passing the buck,. So Thank you Monkey boy.

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    rickc5

rickc5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Whitewater, CO
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
    none
    Chances are that the motivation for these "exciters" is nothing more than cost-savings. As long as only a handful of owners complain, then the bean-counters were (once again) successful.

BTW- Toyota sure isn't the only manufacturer working to reduce costs. In the last few years, Honda has made numerous cost-cutting changes to their entire vehicle line. Some changes are not noticeable, others are fine, and several really irritated buyers.

Obviously, these changes are being made without consulting potential/current buyers for their opinions. Get ready for many more cost-cutting changes, as this is a growth industry and we are the guinea pigs.

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    moline

moline Member

Member:
    torrance, ca
    Vehicle:
    11 dcab Pre/10 AC Pre
    installed an amp and ********* 6x9s front door speakers in my 2010 AC offroad.

Kept oem head unit for now. Improved sound quality. Those door speakers are crap.

This week, was hearing loud 'static' form the passenger side headliner. Tried to
    Isolate. Knew about the rear headliner speakers (great idea!?!). But i swore
    It sounded like it was the passenger side airbag. Got louder and today, took to toyota dealer.

Turned out, it's some sort of 'condensor' that is behind the glovebox?
    Toy tech played with it and had the problem switch to the driver"s side.
    Never knew or heard of such a thing?
    Part ordered, under warranty. Urgh!!!

Was thinking about replacing the rears now. Worth it? Should move to the rear
    Doors anyway.

Any ideas, thanks
    Later
    Dan

Products Discussed in

To Top