Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you guys think about this bed cover.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think about this bed cover.

Going to a cabin in the mountains in October. This is going to be the first vacation with a baby. Of course, this means a lot of baby stuff. Can't take the Camry b/c it requires some mild off roading/dirt roads. But I can't stuff luggage, baby stuff, baby, and 2 adults in the cab of the truck. So I need a bed cover. I'm kind of on a budget, and I was looking at a tri-fold cover.

http://tonneaucoversworld.com/americ...2005-2011.aspx

I know there are better brands. I just want to know if anyone has had experience with the brand or just your thoughts by looking at it.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

God bless.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Looks very similar to my Rugged Cover. I've had mine for 4 years now. Simple to use and priced right.
Will have to look into that. Thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Jerryjc is on a distinguished road
Jerryjc's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a TonnoPro Tri fold for my 2012 DCSB and it is very well made I purchased it from Autoanything.com and it came with an Led removable bed lite which hooks on with Velcro, tailgate seal and a bottle of vinyl cleaner/sealer. It cost me $243.00 with free shipping, Autoanything offers a discount to TW members just check the TW website link under shop online. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
superfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superfair92's Tacoma Gallery
JCWhitney.com has some cheap prices
use promo code ALGN746 (15% off $200 or more) or WELCOME (free ship)

the N-Dure I ordered looked like it was a Best Top. hardware and mounts looked identical.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjc View Post
I just purchased a TonnoPro Tri fold for my 2012 DCSB and it is very well made I purchased it from Autoanything.com and it came with an Led removable bed lite which hooks on with Velcro, tailgate seal and a bottle of vinyl cleaner/sealer. It cost me $243.00 with free shipping, Autoanything offers a discount to TW members just check the TW website link under shop online. Good luck.
I have this exact cover and love it.....I've had it on for over two years and never a problem....i keep it on year around!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
USAF Retired is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
USAF Retired's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjc View Post
I have to know...HOW did you seal the top of the tailgate and the top of the front of the bed with this cover? I had to return mine to Autoanything because of the large gaps, even with the tailgate seal they provided.

After sitting the unfolded cover on top of the side rails, there was just about a 1" gap on both the front and rear.

Did yours have this issue?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
I have to know...HOW did you seal the top of the tailgate and the top of the front of the bed with this cover? I had to return mine to Autoanything because of the large gaps, even with the tailgate seal they provided.

After sitting the unfolded cover on top of the side rails, there was just about a 1" gap on both the front and rear.

Did yours have this issue?

Thanks!
Mine came with 2 hollow rubber pieces of moulding that stick to the front and back of the cover to fill the gaps.....

Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
USAF Retired is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
USAF Retired's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Mine came with 2 hollow rubber pieces of moulding that stick to the front and back of the cover to fill the gaps.....
Ahhh....thanks for that info. Mine did NOT come with those!

Usually Autoanything is really helpful, but when I called and told them about the gaps, they didn't mention a thing about your moulding. Only the narrow weatherstripping for sealing under the tailgate.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
Superdavert what did you end up going with? Im looking into that AMERICAN TRIFOLD AS WELL