Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cb install location?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Just Installed mine last weekend. Uniden 520xl with a 20w external speaker under the seat facing up. Fits perfectoy and is nice and hidden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Did you drill through the bottom to get the antenna cable to go out somewhere? Also, you'll need to run an external speaker or that thing will be muffled as all hell if you close the armrest.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
I mounted mine near the driver seat. I know a lot of people think its in the way, but if your a small guy like me and have a small cb it doesnt even get close to being in the way.
unless you get in an accident

the driver area "cockpit" is highly engineered to keep items like that out of the way of flailing legs.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RattleSnake44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I drilled out the bottom and ran It under the carpet and through the rubber grommet under the drivers seat. And I do have an external speaker. It's under the seat facing up
Sounds familiar
cb install location?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346372280.487536.jpg
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #25
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #26
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleSnake44 View Post
Sounds familiar
Attachment 167331
still need to tune mine.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Got a pic finally. haha

Old 08-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Mounted mine inside the rear center console between the rear jump seats for an Access cab... ran wires to the side raceway and up to the firewall to my antenna mounted on the hood...Tapped power from fuse box inside cab. I'll get some pics up.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #29
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I mounted mine inside the center console, but apparently I don't have a pic of it on the computer so I will have to show it to you later.

Edit: Took a pic

Quote:
Just Installed mine last weekend. Uniden 520xl with a 20w external speaker under the seat facing up. Fits perfectoy and is nice and hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Got a pic finally. haha

i got a uniden 510 ill prob be putting it in the same place you guys did. do you recommend getting an external speaker or wat??
Old 09-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #30
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
i got a uniden 510 ill prob be putting it in the same place you guys did. do you recommend getting an external speaker or wat??
yes definitely. i picked up a 20w external and put in under my seat facing up. I can hear it clearly and its not even at full volume.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #31
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Yes! I used some old usb powered computer speakers I had lying around and just use a cigarette lighter plug to power them.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #32
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine......

Did the fold option on the antenna.......

Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #33
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Another cool option might be to change your radio to an aftermarket single din, then use the open space on a double din adapter to hold the radio. Just thinking out loud since I was considering a radio swap too.
Cobra 18WXSTII with a Sony HU-

Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #35
trunk monkey
thatguy0o0 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Matt
thatguy0o0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Here's mine......

Did the fold option on the antenna.......

What kind of antenna is that and where did you get it because I am looking for one for my CB but I have a bed cover so I want to be able to fold it down when I have my bed cover on. So is that something that your antenna would allow for?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I just keep mine under the seat, put a long enough whip that I can pull it out and adjust it if necessary. No modification necessary.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #37

Yeah. I leave my 3ft firestik under the back seats as well. When needed, i just screw it in and go.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #38
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy0o0 View Post
What kind of antenna is that and where did you get it because I am looking for one for my CB but I have a bed cover so I want to be able to fold it down when I have my bed cover on. So is that something that your antenna would allow for?
Wilson silver load 3ft with a folding 90 degree quick release. Mount was purchased here from a forum member making them. Not sure if it'll fit under the bed cover like mine is. The end by cab is a bit higher than the bedrail. Depends on the bed cover you have I suppose. Here's another pic........

Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #39
trunk monkey
thatguy0o0 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Matt
thatguy0o0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Wilson silver load 3ft with a folding 90 degree quick release. Mount was purchased here from a forum member making them. Not sure if it'll fit under the bed cover like mine is. The end by cab is a bit higher than the bedrail. Depends on the bed cover you have I suppose. Here's another pic........

Hmmm. That might work. Do you remember who you bought it from. I would like to pm them and see if they have another one laying around. It might be worth a shot.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy0o0 View Post
Hmmm. That might work. Do you remember who you bought it from. I would like to pm them and see if they have another one laying around. It might be worth a shot.
Here is the GB thread where I got the mount from..........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html