Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cb install location?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #81
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
What bracket did you use to mount the CB there?
The stretchy netting bracket haha It is such a pain to put everything in place like that because the power inverter for the bed outlet is right under there that I couldn't really use a bracket. That netting holds it just fine, plus I can tip it forward to see the screen better if I need to.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #83
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Here ya go. Uniden 520xl

Just curious, I was looking at your picture and the same model online, and I measured the inside and I got 5.5in wide, 2in deep, and 7in tall.... but when I looked up the 520XL it came up as 6in wide, 4 in deep, and 12 tall. So how does a 12in tall radio fit in there?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #84
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Its definitely not 12" tall. But.. regardless. I did have to notch out a small square at the bottom of the center console for the plugs/wires. With the notch.. the back of the CB sits flush against the bottom of the console.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #85
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
At first I thought I would extend the wires to the faceplate like some people have done but after reading that some of the people that tried their CBs didn't work after they did I was a little more hesitant but I really wanted to mount it here so I crammed it in as far as I could for now and will figure out how to get it further in later.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...b-install.html
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #86
Cpsii is on a distinguished road

Navy: Coastal Riverine Force
Name: Philz
Cpsii's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bearcat 980, and beat my head for weeks trying to figure out where to mount it, and I didn't want it on the passenger side of the console either... I ended up not wanting to hack the interior of the truck up and went for a midland 75-822. I can disconnect it anytime and it's out of the way. I can throw the battery on it and use it as a handheld also. I would like to leave the center cubby for a HAM radio faceplate someday.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #87
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsii View Post
I have a Bearcat 980, and beat my head for weeks trying to figure out where to mount it, and I didn't want it on the passenger side of the console either... I ended up not wanting to hack the interior of the truck up and went for a midland 75-822. I can disconnect it anytime and it's out of the way. I can throw the battery on it and use it as a handheld also. I would like to leave the center cubby for a HAM radio faceplate someday.
I will still keep an eye out for a cable to extend the ribbon cable in the Bearcat 980 so I don't go insane soldering 35 microscopic wires. The rest of the wires I don't see any problem extending them.

I think I had just found where and how I would want to do my HAM if I ever find the need for one.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #88

Cpsii's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post

I think I had just found where and how I would want to do my HAM if I ever find the need for one.
I like that setup!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #89

Cpsii's Tacoma Gallery
Found this on photo bucket

Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #90
farminfireman is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
farminfireman's Tacoma Gallery
I no this isnt a cb but it just an idea. Mine is a kenwood 760 vhf radio. Its for the fire departiment
Attached Thumbnails
cb install location?-image.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #91
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking for this thread. Im thinking about a dualband ham and looking around my truck interior im like where the hell am I gonna mount it? Some ideas here. Although I'm thinking about molding it into my CD console with fiberglass. (the remote face that is) Just not a lot of hidey holes in a tacoma.