Notices

ABS light ON, comp reads "debris in sensor"

Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
808Renato is on a distinguished road

Name: Renato
808Renato's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation ABS light ON, comp reads "debris in sensor"

ALOHA TW Friends,

ABS light ON, comp reads "debris in sensor"...

first time the light came on (2months ago), I cleaned the sensor and removed all the small debris as a result the light went off and everything seemed fined.

This time around the light came back on again (5days ago) so I attempted to clean it out and the light went off for a few seconds and went back on again. Also I noticed that there were a lot of small dirt debris (twice as bad as first time) and even tiny shaved metal particles.

Any suggestions? Maybe the seal on the sensor went bad? Advices will be greatly appreciated!

MAHALO,
Renato
Old 08-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Renato View Post
ALOHA TW Friends,

ABS light ON, comp reads "debris in sensor"...

first time the light came on (2months ago), I cleaned the sensor and removed all the small debris as a result the light went off and everything seemed fined.

This time around the light came back on again (5days ago) so I attempted to clean it out and the light went off for a few seconds and went back on again. Also I noticed that there were a lot of small dirt debris (twice as bad as first time) and even tiny shaved metal particles.

Any suggestions? Maybe the seal on the sensor went bad? Advices will be greatly appreciated!

MAHALO,
Renato
Not sure which sensor it is but it looks like seal is gone. If those are front sensors then most likely seal between CV and knuckle / spindle needs to be replaced. Keep in mind that if wheel bearing is bad it will make cv chew through that seal.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Not sure which sensor it is but it looks like seal is gone. If those are front sensors then most likely seal between CV and knuckle / spindle needs to be replaced. Keep in mind that if wheel bearing is bad it will make cv chew through that seal.
its the driver side ABS sensor
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Renato View Post
its the driver side ABS sensor
How many miles?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
It is not unusual to find small, fine, metal shavings on these sensors, as they are a permanent magnet type sensor. I have found these shavings on every model I have ever done ABS work on.
That being said, could you specify the actual code number? I will happily look it up and see if I can make any suggestions.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #8

Wheel bearing was the issue!! Thanks for ur help guys! Aloha