1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spiral cable changed, bag light still on

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by diode, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    diode

diode [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma
    Had my cable changed yesterday under warranty on my 07 Taco, 80k. The process took 3 hours. At 2.5 hours in, the service advisor notified me the hardware portion of the update was complete but installing the software was going slow. A half hour later the update was complete but the bag light was still on, "Would you like us to diagnose the issue?". No thank-you @ $95 an hour. Service advisor said if it just needed recalibrating then it would be done during diagnosis without prior approval from me.
    The light had been intermittent but now is full time.
    Anyone have a similar experience? I would expect "recalibrating" would be involved in the software update thet they "had trouble with".

2. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    The light is either a result of the cable or throwing a code for something else with ABS. If they did the repair properly the light goes out unless you have another actual code in there. The system should be reset and lights will go off until system can throw a code later on if one exists.

Products Discussed in

To Top