1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cab Cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mws4ua, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jan 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua [OP] I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Does anybody out there use a cab cover? I don't have a garage for my truck so she sits in the weather all year. (Only at night, though. I park in a deck every day at work, so no long hours in the sun.)

In Alabama we don't get many terribly cold mornings, but ocassionally there will be frost on my windshield/windows/mirrors and it's annoying. I don't want to drag a cover on and off of the entire truck, but covering the windows would be nice.

I want something like what's pictured below. I would prefer the smaller one that just covers the windows, but there doesn't seem to be much out there and what I've found is pretty pricey. (The cover pictured over the Tacoma below, for example, is over $200 from that site.)

Anybody own one? Know where to find one? Think I'm a big baby for complaining about a few cold nights here in the south?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Dec 30, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua [OP] I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Bumping this to the top again... Had my first frosty morning and I remembered how annoying it is...

If anybody knows where I can find a cover like the one pictured on the F250 above, I'd be very appreciative. I'll even take suggestions about how to make one myself. I really only care about covering the windshield and maybe the mirrors.

3. Dec 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    Take two paper grocery bags, leave them folded, and stick one under each windshield wiper extending up the windshield.

Cost of Mod: $0
    Results: Priceless:D

Seriously, I grew up with all our vehicles parked outside and frost all winter long. This is what we did. Works great.

Products Discussed in

To Top