1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAF Sensor 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tnluu1, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Sep 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    tnluu1

tnluu1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi I just recently stumbled upon this forum while trying to find a problem on my new Tacoma 2012 PreRunner V6. I've been looking around for a good CAI system for my Taco but no one has seemed to make on yet for the V6 version. Today I took out the factory intake tubing and couldn't locate the MAF sensor. My brother tried to help me find it but he told me that maybe Tacoma doesn't use MAF sensors to regulate the amount of air needed to come in or maybe I just need to buy the unit and install it myself. Can anyone confirm this? Also I was think about instead of forking out 300-400$ for a CAI after taking it apart it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make one myself, has anyone tried done this yet if so can you give me an idea where to start. Thanks :)

2. Sep 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Tommy27

Tommy27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Boise,ID
    Vehicle:
    White 09 AC 4x4 2.7 5spd SR5
    Leer shell, Bed mat, Grill Guard
    I will never understand peoples fascination with Cold air intakes. They dont really make a huge diffrence vs stock and in fact can destroy your engine by way of hydro lock.

Products Discussed in

To Top