Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Timbrens

Old 09-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
Timbrens

Anyone with a Gen 2 have them installed? I have a '12 dcsb and was wondering what experiences you have with them. Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'll tell you what I know anyway. The ones they spec for the front are extremely hard. I bought mine from All-Pro and they recommended the model that Timbren specs for the FJ cruiser instead. I think that was a good call. They are a better match to the Tacoma. I ended up using mine on the rear anyway. The bump on the Tacoma front does not meet the control arm at right angles. When you install the Timbren, it ends up hitting the control arm at an angle. I called Timbren about it and they said not to worry about it, even though all their documents describe the things being designed for right angle contact. I found that pretty lame, especially considering the cost. They do work great on the rear though where they contact correctly. IMO a better option for the front is the Super Bump sold by Wheelers. That is what I plan to get. If I remember correctly they are about $50/set.

I also think that using them as a suspension component is lame. They make a good bump stop, but it's hard to justify the cost. If I had it to do over I would get the Wheelers Super Bump front, and pick out a rear bump from Energy Suspension. I have used their stops before on other vehicles with good results.

I should add that I'm not out hammering the stops with jumps etc. I use them for that occasional miscalculated jolt.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished installing Wheeler's SuperBumps front, Timbren SES rear. Easy install on both ends, and I'm looking forward to beating them up. Thanks again to badger for his advice.