1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Timbrens

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by robm7, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Sep 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    robm7

robm7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR
    Anyone with a Gen 2 have them installed? I have a '12 dcsb and was wondering what experiences you have with them. Thanks

2. Sep 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    badger

badger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    Well, I'll tell you what I know anyway. The ones they spec for the front are extremely hard. I bought mine from All-Pro and they recommended the model that Timbren specs for the FJ cruiser instead. I think that was a good call. They are a better match to the Tacoma. I ended up using mine on the rear anyway. The bump on the Tacoma front does not meet the control arm at right angles. When you install the Timbren, it ends up hitting the control arm at an angle. I called Timbren about it and they said not to worry about it, even though all their documents describe the things being designed for right angle contact. I found that pretty lame, especially considering the cost. They do work great on the rear though where they contact correctly. IMO a better option for the front is the Super Bump sold by Wheelers. That is what I plan to get. If I remember correctly they are about $50/set.

I also think that using them as a suspension component is lame. They make a good bump stop, but it's hard to justify the cost. If I had it to do over I would get the Wheelers Super Bump front, and pick out a rear bump from Energy Suspension. I have used their stops before on other vehicles with good results.

I should add that I'm not out hammering the stops with jumps etc. I use them for that occasional miscalculated jolt.

Products Discussed in

To Top