Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnetic Gray Thread!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #2321
MountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really nice

MountainDog's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Whitster;5769657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDog View Post
From camping around Boreas Pass to explore some trails and take in the fall colors.

Looks like the road up to Angel's Rest.
The road through Selkirk campground for a few more miles is a good one.

Whit
Not sure where Angel's Rest is. We drove up past Selkirk CG on Forest Service Road 406 / Coronet Dr. From the saddle across from Boreas Pass we first started heading down the north side through the trees, hoping to take it out to Blue River and Breck. It quickly gets pretty steep/tight/rutted and since we were alone and not totally sure if it was the right road we turned around (million point turn in steep ruts) and headed back up to the saddle and took the trail that headed west up to Red Peak.
Really pretty area and surprisingly few people considering the proximity to Boreas Pass and the fall colors going off. We camped in a great place a couple miles upstream from Selkirk CG. I wanted to take that dead end road that starts off through the CG, but ran out of time on the way back.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #2322
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDog View Post
Yeah, stock suspension with 265/75 Duratracs.
Looks good. I was going to do a small lift, but may just go with the new rubber.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #2323
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=MountainDog;5773888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitster View Post

Not sure where Angel's Rest is.
"Angel's Rest" is the ruins at the top of the pass on FR404.
It's where the RR used to change crews and there were 'ladies of the night' staying there to entertain the crews, thus "Angel's Rest". Good history in the book Blasted, Beloved Breckenridge, by Fiester.

Whit
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #2324
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarroll View Post
Looks good. I was going to do a small lift, but may just go with the new rubber.
If you want to see what a leveling kit (small lift) looks like with 265/75/16 tires, just check out my build. Most current pic is in my signature as well.

Matt
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #2325
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
jakedaugh is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: JD275
jakedaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSTaco View Post
2013 SR5 TSS 4x4

i love em lol wanna sell em?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #2326
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2013 SR5 TSS 4x4

How do you like the tires? I was thinking of Rugged Terrains for my Taco
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #2327
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #2328
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
If you want to see what a leveling kit (small lift) looks like with 265/75/16 tires, just check out my build. Most current pic is in my signature as well.

Matt
Thanks. That looks good too.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #2329
TSSTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Cyber Transport
Name: Patrick
TSSTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedaugh View Post
i love em lol wanna sell em?
I wish I got a dollar for everyone who's asked what they were and if I'd sell em! But sorry, they won't be going anywhere for a long while. Purchased the TSS Edition JUST for these rims lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
How do you like the tires? I was thinking of Rugged Terrains for my Taco
Tires are nice, not a lot of road noise and I can't speak for any off road abilities just yet.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #2330
MGMTaco2012 will become famous soon enough
MGMTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels are killer. Looking to get an upgrade for mine that I just purchased. Getting alot of ideas off this thread, thanks to all!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #2331
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
jakedaugh is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: JD275
jakedaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish I got a dollar for everyone who's asked what they were and if I'd sell em! But sorry, they won't be going anywhere for a long while. Purchased the TSS Edition JUST for these rims lol.

Tires are nice, not a lot of road noise and I can't speak for any off road abilities just yet.
lol yea most do...but i'll be getting a set from the dealer eventually...
Old 10-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #2332
fur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fur pig's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 MGM:
Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #2333
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
Magnetic gray is the superior Taco color

Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #2334
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Picture of mine last week waiting to get its first oil change, with my new toy in the back!!!

From a couple weeks ago fresh outta the wash!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #2335
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

In front of Cowboys Stadium!
Attached Thumbnails
Magnetic Gray Thread!!!-cowboys-stadium.jpg  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #2336

Quote:
Originally Posted by fur pig View Post
My 2012 MGM:
What size lift you running?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #2337
TSSTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Cyber Transport
Name: Patrick
TSSTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There's a new Magnetic Grey TRD Sport Taco in my cul-de-sac. He has the same rims as mine. I feel like the kid at school who just realized there is someone else with the exact same shirt on
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #2339
mrdesp04 is on a distinguished road
mrdesp04's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the MGM grille surround? I am not a fan of the crhome as well.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #2340
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna buy Tacoma magnetic grey 2009 & up double cap 4x4 . P.M. me if you got it.

Products Discussed in this Thread