Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnetic Gray Thread!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #3161
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I finally worked up the courage to throw my headlights in the oven! Looks great on any color, but especially good on MGM
I'm sure you all have seen BHLM before, but here's mine

Still waiting on my duplicolor perfect match paint for the grill surround...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #3162
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferrill84 View Post
So I have an Aries brush guard on my 2013. I like it but I was thinking about getting rid of it and going with a bull bar. Any suggestions? Keep brush guard ? I want my truck to stand out from all the others I see around town.
I like the brush guard more than bull bars. Post pics of your truck!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #3163
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTRD13 View Post
2013 DCSB MGM Pre-Runner Tacoma
4" Maxtrac Spindles
Toytec Coilovers with Bilstein shock set at 0.85
Camburg Ball Joint UCA's
Bilstein Rear Shocks 3-4" of lift
All Pro Off-Road Expedition Rear Suspension Leaf Springs and Kit
35x12.50R18 Fuel MT Tires
18x9 with -12 Offset Black Fuel Krank Wheels
StreetTacos CB bracket on Driveshaft
BHLM on Headlights
HIDs in Headlights and Foglights
De-Badged...Have Tacoma emblems blacked out but havent decided if I should put them back on or not.
Awesome! Lift looks great!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #3164
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I finally worked up the courage to throw my headlights in the oven! Looks great on any color, but especially good on MGM

BHLM looks so good on this color. What kind of grille is that?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #3165
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
BHLM looks so good on this color. What kind of grille is that?
Thanks! LOL, its just the stock grille with the surround missing
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #3166

Quote:
Thanks! LOL, its just the stock grille with the surround missing
I didn't read the bottom of your post hahaha. I was like whoa, that looks crazy. Can you remove the grille surround on the 05-11 models?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #3167
IKA fabrications

Quote:
I didn't read the bottom of your post hahaha. I was like whoa, that looks crazy. Can you remove the grille surround on the 05-11 models?
Dunno, hopefully somebody else can chime in, this is my first taco
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #3168

Quote:
Dunno, hopefully somebody else can chime in, this is my first taco
I have a 13 MGM DCSB 4x4. I didn't know you could remove that surround. Definitely going to do that on mine and have it painted. Chrome sucks. Was it hard to take apart?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #3169
IKA fabrications

Quote:
I have a 13 MGM DCSB 4x4. I didn't know you could remove that surround. Definitely going to do that on mine and have it painted. Chrome sucks. Was it hard to take apart?
Not too bad. There are a lot of little tabs that could easily break of, and a bunch of torx headed screws. Way over kill just for holding on the surround.
Just take your time and slowly pop them apart from one end to the other.

:edit: reading the grille painting how to's, I don't think the older ones came apart. They all seem to have to tape everything off.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #3170
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Very nice! I want to do this so bad!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #3171

Quote:
Not too bad. There are a lot of little tabs that could easily break of, and a bunch of torx headed screws. Way over kill just for holding on the surround.
Just take your time and slowly pop them apart from one end to the other.

:edit: reading the grille painting how to's, I don't think the older ones came apart. They all seem to have to tape everything off.
Right, cause I had an 08 too, and I never heard of the surround coming off
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #3172
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Right, cause I had an 08 too, and I never heard of the surround coming off
Yeah, if you look close at the pics of the back of the grille, you can see the torx screws and tabs that hold it together. The tabs are east to spot cause they're chrome.
http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...install_id=295
This was helpful.
Thanks again for the compliments. Surprisingly, the BLHM was actually pretty easy.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #3173
Rizzy has a spectacular aura aboutRizzy has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeff
Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I really want BHLM. Too afraid to do it though...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #3174
tacoontherock is on a distinguished road

tacoontherock's Tacoma Gallery

Just some updated pics of my truck with my new bumpers.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #3177
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoontherock View Post

Just some updated pics of my truck with my new bumpers.
is it just the camera or did you change your DTRL to blue?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #3178
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my 2013 DCOR with 265/75/16 Duratracs and Procomp 5001's. Billies all around, front at 2.5, AAL in back.
Im in love.....

before

after

pro comp 5001... pardon my helper...he loves the new tires
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #3179
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
Heres my 2013 DCOR with 265/75/16 Duratracs and Procomp 5001's. Billies all around, front at 2.5, AAL in back.
Im in love.....

before

after

pro comp 5001... pardon my helper...he loves the new tires

You look kind of young to be driving that truck. Looks good!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #3180
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This may be a stupid question but can that piece of round chrome plastic in the middle of the headlight be painted black also? If so, has anyone done it? I would love to see what it looks like.

Products Discussed in this Thread