Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ICON 2.0" Rear Remote Reservoir Lifted Application

Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
ICON 2.0" Rear Remote Reservoir Lifted Application

Hi,

We have been working with ICON and we have come up with a rear shock for the 2005-Current Tacoma "6" Lug rear lifted application shock.
The shock as of now is the standard part # 56503R-Custom
Its our internal Part #...
The shock has been built for a 3"-4" lift and here are the dimensions.

26.8" Extended length

15.9" Compressed length

You still may have to modify your bumps, but at least you now have the option for a good quality direct bolt in replacement shock
for your 05-Currect Tacoma with 3"-4" rear lift.
I might add, no extra charge for the custom dimension per ICON as of this moment.
Just an FYI..
Hope it helps..
Thanks,
Sonny

Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a pair of these shocks. Replaced 3 month old stockers on my 3 month old Tacoma, AMAZING on the street, even better in the dirt.

I have owned four pickup trucks before this (two were Toyotas) and with ALL of them the rear wheels "hop" over speedbumps unless I was crawling slow. These Icon shocks and Icon ad-a-leaf pack fixes this trait. This alone is worth it, but then go off-road and it glides over stuff instead of the truck jumping and pitching out of control. I also have the Icon extended travel front coilover in front and Camburg UCA's. All from the good guys at DownSouth Motor Sports.