Notices

doing mods under warranty

Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
oldtommyboy is on a distinguished road
Navy: ordinance
Name: tom
oldtommyboy's Tacoma Gallery
doing mods under warranty

Quick Question,bought a new tacoma,doing elec. mods like the locker mod,abs mod,fog light mod and dtrl mod plus led's in the cab. Will the dealership tell me I will or did void the warranty.
Did search but only came up with changing tires or lockers,voiding the warranty.Has anyone ever had anything said to them?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Warranty is only voided if the dealership can provide proof that your aftermarket additions caused the malfunction.
For example: if you install bigger tires and a lift but your a/c goes out your aftermarket stuff can not be a reason to deny your claim. Now if you have a lift and bigger tires and your driveshaft center support bearing fails then they can deny your claim because of the correlation. Hope that helps
Old 09-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
oldtommyboy is on a distinguished road
Navy: ordinance
Name: tom
oldtommyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I under stand,thankyou,just seems to me when it comes to elec. things get fuzzy real quick. Just wondering if others have had any issues.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I only modded a leased vehicle once (never again ) and everything I did was reversible back to stock. Personally if you're not going to keep it at the end of the lease I wouldn't do anything that can't be removed with no signs it had been there.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
No issues here, I've hacked into just about every wiring harness in the truck
You've done a lot more than spliced a few wires! Basically anything short of something incredibly strange and unexplained happening to the interior and you're f-ed for warranty!