Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

light bar on bull bar?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

golfpro510's Tacoma Gallery
light bar on bull bar?

I know most don't like bull bars. But Im wondering if you can mount a light bar to the two pre cut holes and how? What length?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the bull bars have light tabs built in, or the holes you're speaking of are accessible from the bottom so you can install a pair of lights. I don't believe I've seen a bull bar that didn't have light mounts built in.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Most of the bull bars have light tabs built in, or the holes you're speaking of are accessible from the bottom so you can install a pair of lights. I don't believe I've seen a bull bar that didn't have light mounts built in.
Your right. I'm wondering about a light bar tho. I've seen then with the two lights but I'm trying to do one light bar. Seeing if that's possible
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
So you want a bull bar, with a light bar attached to it
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wait... Are you wanting to put a LED light bar on your bull bar? Is that what you're askin?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Wait... Are you wanting to put a LED light bar on your bull bar? Is that what you're askin?

Yea that's what in trying to say. Thanks lol
Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro510 View Post
Yea that's what in trying to say. Thanks lol
Ohh okay that'll clear up a lot of confusion lol.
I don't see why not. Just either fab up brackets yourself or goto a local fab shop to make you some and measure how long of a light bar you can fit and wah lah light bar
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Good call! I had no clue what he was getting at

Depending on the mounting point, you might have to get creative to mount an LED bar on a bull bar. You might have to get clamps that clamp to the center bar on the bull bar with a tab sticking out the back to mount the LED onto, or weld on your own tabs.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #10

That's what I was hoping to avoid. May have to rethink the bull bar. Appreciate it