1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

couple stupid questions please.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by oldtommyboy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Sep 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    oldtommyboy

oldtommyboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tom
    pa.
    Vehicle:
    tacome tx pro
    Hello,feel like an ass asking this but here goes. just bought a 2012 acess cab tx pro, I want to do the locker mod,abs mod,dtrl mod and run led's inside for lighting. I've worked on cars,trucks,boats,bikes,you name it BUT never worked on a tacoma.I have read and read and still do not know if these work on the 2012's. I saw that simply disconnecting the battery,resets things. Do I have to redo the tpms, remote door locks,homelink,phone,everything all over again. Trying to find a book like clymer or something. Dont want to fuck up a brand new truck because of stupity. Already put locks on my bed storage,the tailgate mod and anytime fog lights. Dont want to have to go to the dealership for something I messed up.
    So what all happens when I reconnect or what all needs redone?
    And has anyone done these mods to their 2012 trd's.

edit-I guess it really was a dumbass question,76 views and no answer.ok,I can take a hint

2. Sep 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    12SuperWhiteDC

12SuperWhiteDC Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Alabama
    Vehicle:
    12 DC SR5
    Just had the battery out of my '12 to do the DTRL removal. You'll lose radio presets and door chime setting but not TPMS or homelink. I don't have a phone paired so I can't speak to that.

3. Sep 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    Schwinn

Schwinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Georgina, ON
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport with Trail Teams package
    Can't speak to the Homelink, but you won't have to reset the locks or tpms. Anything to do with your radio, yes. And your truck will have to "re-learn" your driving. But really, none of this is a big deal. Otherwise, you'd have to go to the dealership everytime you had a dead battery.

4. Sep 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    oldtommyboy

Member:
    First Name:
    tom
    pa.
    Vehicle:
    tacome tx pro
    Thanks guys, I said it was stupid but after reading this site for days on end,i got real confused.One guy said something about having my remote unlock with me as it would set off my horn when i reconnect,very confusing forum here but I do like it alot and now I find I cant even get a manual for this,I'm pissed and no I refuse to pay them 15.00 every time I need to look something up.Bullshit. I will use this forum alot. And please no comments about my attitude towards the manual. I'm old and always used a manual of some kind to work on everything under the sun.
    Thanks again.Oh,love the txpro sofar,the dealership is way to prissy though.

5. Sep 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    08TacoTrD

08TacoTrD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    5100's and 883 OME Coils TRD Exhaust Deaver 1.5" AAL Rear Differential Breather Extension, 4WD Light, Tailgate Pipe clamp, Fog lights on while High Beams on, Carrier Bearing flip

6. Sep 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    MBTacoma12

MBTacoma12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner DC
    Paired phone will stay, so no need to re- pair your phone.

7. Sep 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    :laugh: Hey Tom, alot of views and no stupid answers is a godsend! Probably didn't have an answer for you. Anyway,I know on my 2010, it doesn't reset the tpms or remotes on mine.
    Where at in PA are you?

8. Sep 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    oldtommyboy

Member:
    First Name:
    tom
    pa.
    Vehicle:
    tacome tx pro
    Thanks everyone.
    I live in a small area between Harrisburg and York.

Products Discussed in

To Top