1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Xing OUT XM FIN!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by midlife4X4fix, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Ill trade my 09' smaller rounded low-profile OEM XM antenna for your shard fin. We can compare plugs and if they are the same Ill trade you. That way you dont have a hole in your roof and still have an antenna for the next owner

2. Sep 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    apoteker

apoteker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB O/R debadged
    JBL/Entune Touchscreen Navigation with speed sensor override mod, JBL Speaker refit, debadged, chime removed, overhead led mod, switch LED mod, rear cupholder LED mod, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket #339, Custom Cobra CB install, Iggy Switch panel, OEM Katzkin leather seats, Seat heaters, Illuminated 4runner 4WD switch, 4runner side mirrors (heated, turnsignals, puddle lamps), husky x-act fit floor mats, climate control knob upgrade, air injection pump filter mod, underhood LED light mod, KB Voodoo bike bar
    i would be interested in that trade- i hate the shark fin on my 2012

can you post a pic of the 2009 version?

3. Sep 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Il have to go out and take one later on. I know it is color matched though and I have an MGM truck so not too sure what color you have. You cant see it anyways but it might stand out if your putting it in like a red or blue truck. We need to see if the wire harness is the same though. OP, can you take a picture of the harness plug coming off the antenna please?

4. Sep 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    apoteker

apoteker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB O/R debadged
    JBL/Entune Touchscreen Navigation with speed sensor override mod, JBL Speaker refit, debadged, chime removed, overhead led mod, switch LED mod, rear cupholder LED mod, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket #339, Custom Cobra CB install, Iggy Switch panel, OEM Katzkin leather seats, Seat heaters, Illuminated 4runner 4WD switch, 4runner side mirrors (heated, turnsignals, puddle lamps), husky x-act fit floor mats, climate control knob upgrade, air injection pump filter mod, underhood LED light mod, KB Voodoo bike bar
    my '12 O/R is black and the shark fin is just black plastic like the side mirrors

5. Dec 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    tmwilson

tmwilson Member

Member:
    Does anyone know where I can locate body plugs that will fit the holes left behind by the removal of the "shark fin"? I have called around everywhere in my central Iowa location and no one can help. I live in an old house with a 72" garage and I cannot fit the 2012 Tacoma I am looking at buying because the shark fin will hit the trim. I am going to see if a 2011 will allow me the room, otherwise my only other option right now is the clear bra route.

6. May 20, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    je3169

je3169 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Cincinnati OH
    Vehicle:
    2014 Access Cab TRD Sport
    2" Front, 2" Back, Opti-Coat Pro, Toyo Running Boards, Kenwood DNX891HD
    Hey midlife4X4fix or anybody that has seen the bottom side of the shark fin I have a question on the shark fin is there enough room on the inside of it to place a GPS antenna and by inside I mean between the roof and the bottom of the antenna I am installing a aftermarket head unit with GPS and the antenna is like 2 inch by 2 inch. and if anybody has pic's of the shark fin please post.

Thanks John

Products Discussed in

To Top