LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bull bar Install

Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
vsg1980 is on a distinguished road
vsg1980's Tacoma Gallery
Bull bar Install

Hi, I'm new to the site and just bought a 2013 Tacoma Prerunner. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the install for today's bull bars on the market are the same as the 2012 installation? I know it may depend on which bull bar, but I was looking at the Aries possibly. Also the Westin ( I believe that's the name).
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Step 1:
Throw bull bar in the trash.
Step 2:
Drink Beer and enjoy a good looking truck without a bullbar
Old 09-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

golfpro510's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. Well I have a bull bar. I know tw gives bull bars a hard time for being impractical...but I don't go off road so suits me just fine. But my bull bar from my 2008 fit my 2012.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
PVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: SN, STA Neah Bay
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Step 1:
Throw bull bar in the trash.
Step 2:
Drink Beer and enjoy a good looking truck without a bullbar
This man speaks the truth!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't shit on a dudes thread just cause you don't like bull bars. Especially a new member too.

Sorry OP, I'd help but I have not dealt with bull bars personally.

welcome to the site tho and please ignore some comments that may come up here cause bull bars arent that popular on here.
To each their own tho.

Goodluck and hope someone can answer your question!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Don't shit on a dudes thread just cause you don't like bull bars. Especially a new member too.

welcome to the site tho and please ignore some comments that may come up here cause bull bars arent that popular on here.
To each their own tho.

Stop trolling
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
vsg1980 is on a distinguished road
vsg1980's Tacoma Gallery
HA! I took Macgyver's response as honest advise and nothing more, it's fine. I Honestly just like the look of a bull bar. I've seen the forum's opinions on them and why most of the members don't like them, but I think they look cool and that's about it. Besides, I have specific reasons why I want to install one other than to change the look of my Tacoma. I'm hoping the 2012 install is identical to the 2013, and it LOOKS like it is. I've looked under my truck and it seems to have the same parts in the same places.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

golfpro510's Tacoma Gallery
Should be the same. and I think the bull bar is a nice piece. all my female friends love to sit on that thing...lol. Not sure why but hey
Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro510 View Post
Should be the same. and I think the bull bar is a nice piece. all my female friends love to sit on that thing...lol. Not sure why but hey
i wish i had female friends to sit on mine,

but i do really like the look, i know lots of people say they are damage mutipliers and stuff, but i think it helps a lot against the parking lot dings and shopping carts
Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsg1980 View Post
HA! I took Macgyver's response as honest advise and nothing more, it's fine. I Honestly just like the look of a bull bar. I've seen the forum's opinions on them and why most of the members don't like them, but I think they look cool and that's about it. Besides, I have specific reasons why I want to install one other than to change the look of my Tacoma. I'm hoping the 2012 install is identical to the 2013, and it LOOKS like it is. I've looked under my truck and it seems to have the same parts in the same places.
The 2012 and 2013 should be the same.
I like my bull bar
Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post

To each their own tho.

I cant find the like button on your post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
Hollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
Hollywood Ball's Tacoma Gallery
Just had my Westin bull bar installed on my 2013 and it looks like it is way too close to the bumper. If I loosen it up will it adjust and pull away some? Or has the wrong part possibly been installed?

And before some tools wants to rag on me, i opted for a bull bar because I live in a city residential area with parallel street parking. I wanted something to protect the front end from assholes not capable of parallel parking without bumping each car front and back.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball View Post
Just had my Westin bull bar installed on my 2013 and it looks like it is way too close to the bumper. If I loosen it up will it adjust and pull away some? Or has the wrong part possibly been installed?

And before some tools wants to rag on me, i opted for a bull bar because I live in a city residential area with parallel street parking. I wanted something to protect the front end from assholes not capable of parallel parking without bumping each car front and back.
Loosen it up and pull it out further. And it would be fine from a light tap, but if someone hits you hard enough it will push into your bumper.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
Hollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud ofHollywood Ball has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
Hollywood Ball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Loosen it up and pull it out further. And it would be fine from a light tap, but if someone hits you hard enough it will push into your bumper.
Thanks. That's what I figured. It's so close right now it would flex and rub on the bumper completely defeating the purpose I got it for.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball View Post
Thanks. That's what I figured. It's so close right now it would flex and rub on the bumper completely defeating the purpose I got it for.
I mean properly installed it does sit close to the bumper that's just how they are. Its how mine was before I removed it.

Products Discussed in this Thread