1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

refrigerant leaks???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by creekchub, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sep 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    creekchub

creekchub [OP] Member

Member:
    OHIO
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    I have been trying to pinpoint a refrigerant leak, there is no visible sing of leakage at evap, condensor lines or compressor lines. a recharge only lasted about 3 weeks.
    so my question is is there a most common place for these Tacomas to leak or any TSB's out on this issue. I do know i will not put any sort of stop leak in the system but maybe ill have to buy some dye and try.

2. Sep 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    blakes09

blakes09 Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Deep South
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    check the front of your condensor and see if a rock has punctured it
    [​IMG]

3. Sep 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    How are you trying to find the leak? UV dye? Sniffer? Look for refrigerant oil on the lines, common areas for leaks are the bearing on the compressor, schrader valves, loose lines connecting to the condenser, or any fittings like on the drier. If you're dumping that much refrigerant and can't find it I'd open the wallet and have a mechanic check your system with one of the above tools.

4. Sep 13, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    creekchub

creekchub [OP] Member

Member:
    OHIO
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    I have not put any dye in it yet. and i am not sure my A/C leak detector works any longer. i have been looking for oil leakage around all visible hose connections.

5. Sep 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    AlaskanTaco

AlaskanTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    The oil that is in the AC system already has dye in it. If you can't find any yellow crap, you need a sniffer. Trust me, it is very pronounced.

Products Discussed in

To Top