LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

refrigerant leaks???

Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
creekchub is on a distinguished road
creekchub's Tacoma Gallery
refrigerant leaks???

I have been trying to pinpoint a refrigerant leak, there is no visible sing of leakage at evap, condensor lines or compressor lines. a recharge only lasted about 3 weeks.
so my question is is there a most common place for these Tacomas to leak or any TSB's out on this issue. I do know i will not put any sort of stop leak in the system but maybe ill have to buy some dye and try.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
check the front of your condensor and see if a rock has punctured it
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
How are you trying to find the leak? UV dye? Sniffer? Look for refrigerant oil on the lines, common areas for leaks are the bearing on the compressor, schrader valves, loose lines connecting to the condenser, or any fittings like on the drier. If you're dumping that much refrigerant and can't find it I'd open the wallet and have a mechanic check your system with one of the above tools.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
creekchub is on a distinguished road
creekchub's Tacoma Gallery
I have not put any dye in it yet. and i am not sure my A/C leak detector works any longer. i have been looking for oil leakage around all visible hose connections.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough

AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The oil that is in the AC system already has dye in it. If you can't find any yellow crap, you need a sniffer. Trust me, it is very pronounced.