LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Uncomfortable seats - solution

Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
satre is on a distinguished road
satre's Tacoma Gallery
Uncomfortable seats - solution

I also do not like the low-slung front seats in my 2009 Prerunner double cab - shouldn't have bought the truck. What I intend to do is taper-cut a piece of foam to fill-in the low spot over the back-half of the seat and cover it with custom-fit leather seat cover from gtcovers.com
Old 01-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by satre View Post
shouldn't have bought the truck. What

Don't let the seats cause you to regret your purchase.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Probably should've bought a TRD model -- the seats are better.

Will those GT Covers fit over your extra pad? They look pretty exacting...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Get yourself some good covers.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Special Ops Combat Controller
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to KraQr
save the bucks and sit on a cushion from the dollar store

Its funny but thats what I have to do in my 96. The seat sinks all the way to the metal pan in that sucker.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I second good covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
That's a matter of opinion. I personally like the SR5's better.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by satre View Post
I also do not like the low-slung front seats in my 2009 Prerunner double cab - shouldn't have bought the truck. What I intend to do is taper-cut a piece of foam to fill-in the low spot over the back-half of the seat and cover it with custom-fit leather seat cover from gtcovers.com
Shouldn't have bought the truck ? Hmm. I'm kinda getting used to the seats. Its just the engine ticking, rear end whine, and buzzing noise from the passenger side that bothers me. Did I miss anything ?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I second good covers.
Absolutely it is... I found that the SR5 seats weren't terribly comfortable for me.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post

I agree with you there man, I hated the seats in my X-Runner (same seats as a sport/off-road). the seats in my SR5 are more comfortable to me.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
satre is on a distinguished road
satre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post

Will those GT Covers fit over your extra pad? They look pretty exacting...
I hope it fits...will find out this weekend.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of gray TRD Offroad seats in my garage. They're out of my '06 Access Cab, are in perfect shape, and include stock mounting brackets and sensors if you wanna make an offer.

I'm going to list them on ebay shortly but I figured I'd let you have first crack at 'em.