1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new 3'' leveling kit insite

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blaine546, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Sep 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    blaine546

blaine546 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    blaine
    rockport
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd sport
    3'' pro comp front lift, all pro leaf springs. afe intake, avid offroad light bar
    i just bought a 3'' leveling kit from top gun customs. came with a 3'' strut extension for the front and 2'' block and bilstein 5100 shocks for rear. has anyone installed a similar kit on their tacoma and have any problems or success? just looking for any comments before it arrives and i install it. thanks

2. Sep 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    You bought a basic spacer kit with the addition of 5100s in the rear. I am kinda surprised to see a kit that offers 5100 rears only with the blocks but since they offer more travel its a good idea. While the 5100s are better than stock because you are using blocks I doubt you feel much difference. If you dont offroad much then this kit will do you fine......basic it is but many people run kits like it. You might not notice a difference in ride quality if you are a road driver only.....offroad is prob a dif story.

Good luck with the install and keep us informed as others would like to hear your input once you have it installed.:)

3. Sep 15, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    blaine546

blaine546 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    blaine
    rockport
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd sport
    3'' pro comp front lift, all pro leaf springs. afe intake, avid offroad light bar
    Thanks for the reply,I don't off road much and if I do it's nothing drastic. Kit comes Tuesday I'll keep you informed

4. Sep 15, 2012 at 5:15 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I may recommend on getting new uppers for better alignment

5. Sep 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    This is prob true OP. Our trucks control arms cant keep a good alignment becasue they run out of caster when they are lifted over 2-2.5".

I dont want to worry you as many people run spacer lifts but without aftermarket UCAs your truck may wander at highe speeds and you also may see premature and uneven wear on your tires. Both these things are correctable once new control arms are installed to correct the alignment.

I've done alot of research on lifting our trucks. Alot of ways to get lift and accomodate your specific driving needs. That being said.........anyone thats lifts their truck over 2.5" should.......I say that lightly only because I dont know how much buying new sets of tires every 6 months to a year pisses you off:D

Also.....since you are getting 5100 rears...........it wouldnt be that much more down the line to grab front 5100s and some lift coils. Your ride will improve and if you go offroading your truck will be able to handle it much better and perform better too.

Products Discussed in

To Top