Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Recommendations on fender flares!!!! Please

Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
JRockdiesel is on a distinguished road
JRockdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations on fender flares!!!! Please

I am looking for a manufacturer for "pocket style" fender flares for an 08 Tacoma double cab. It seems that Bushmaster's pocket style fender flares won't fit my truck. I Like the rugged look of the pocket style flares. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have any sugestions, but Welcome to Tacoma World!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
what the heck is a pocket style flare???? I stupid
Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
what the heck is a pocket style flare???? I stupid
Bushwacker pocket style flares have a bolt on look without drilling holes, they mount just like the factory flares.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
I just got off of the phone with Bushwacker. They said the don't make fender flares for the shortbed double cab because the rear fender and the double cab are too close togther. WTF??? ha ha. That sucks! You would think someone would design a fender flare for the shortbed double cab just to make me happy!!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont have any sugestions, but Welcome to Tacoma World!
Thanks! This forum/site is pretty bad ass.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockdiesel View Post
I just got off of the phone with Bushwacker. They said the don't make fender flares for the shortbed double cab because the rear fender and the double cab are too close togther. WTF??? ha ha. That sucks! You would think someone would design a fender flare for the shortbed double cab just to make me happy!!
thats why you should have bought a long bed..lol. another reason to buy a long bed
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-long-box.html
Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
you could always just go glassworks... http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/20to20totafr.html

and welcome to TW

Like the way they look......... too bad they are out of my price range ha ha
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
Work in progress
khaos5407 is on a distinguished road
khaos5407's Tacoma Gallery
im actually gonna go with those glassworks one thanks for the suggestion delmarva
Old 01-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaos5407 View Post
im actually gonna go with those glassworks one thanks for the suggestion delmarva
you're welcome Make sure you get some nice tires / lift to fill up those gaping holes...
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
Work in progress
khaos5407 is on a distinguished road
khaos5407's Tacoma Gallery
not meaning to get off track here or anything but your a very knowledgeable guy, what kind of lift do you think i should get? ive been looking around for soo long and I just cant decide. I want 3"
Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #14
highenuff is on a distinguished road
highenuff's Tacoma Gallery
you can get those bushwackers but they need heavily modifed to fit the double cab short bed i had big foot 4x4 in newkensington pa put mine on cost me 250 tho nothing like a rape date lol
Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #16
highenuff is on a distinguished road
highenuff's Tacoma Gallery
do you know the person that put those on id like to talk to him so i can see what needed to be done to put those on i will go back to bigfoot and raise hell for the install they told me it takes alot of fab work to get them on... cheapskates
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
those flares look bad ass on that truck. I think I am just going to order them and have a buddy of mine try and modify them a bit. Hopefully he can do it, being that he works at body shop LOL
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #18
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by highenuff View Post
do you know the person that put those on id like to talk to him so i can see what needed to be done to put those on i will go back to bigfoot and raise hell for the install they told me it takes alot of fab work to get them on... cheapskates
Here's his cardomains page

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3070521