Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Destroyed my stock skid, vote on what you think I should replace it with!

View Poll Results: Which after market skid do you recommend?
BudBuilt 13 21.67%
All-pro 10 16.67%
ATO 18 30.00%
Relentless 12 20.00%
Metalmiller 1 1.67%
What's a skid? 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #41
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Pssh. He models it on jackstands, occasionally taking it outside to break it

I stand by my previous position of "rugosities on skid plates are to be avoided where possible".
LOL

That's fine and I agree to an extent but some people don't want to spend the money to re-route and don't want the hassle, yet they want more protection on the t-case.

It might hang you up but I seriously doubt anyone will ever rip off a cross over drop down.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
It might hang you up but I seriously doubt anyone will ever rip off a cross over drop down.
And to be fair, if they did it wouldn't leave them walking. Just a loud drive home.

I have an overcommitment problem It's not unreasonable that other people would have different stopping points from guys like you and I.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #43
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And to be fair, if they did it wouldn't leave them walking. Just a loud drive home.

I have an overcommitment problem It's not unreasonable that other people would have different stopping points from guys like me.
Fixed

Old 09-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #44
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery

To get back to the discussion at hand: I would advise the OP to shop on shipping cost. Since most any of the aftermarket front skids are gonna meet his needs, I'd look for one with possibility of pickup.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #46
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

To get back to the discussion at hand: I would advise the OP to shop on shipping cost. Since most any of the aftermarket front skids are gonna meet his needs, I'd look for one with possibility of pickup.
Hmm...
I drive through Davis heading down to the Bay Area on occasion.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #47
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Hmm...
I drive through Davis heading down to the Bay Area on occasion.
you sir.... know how to make me want to buy your shit
hahaha
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #48
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Another photo of yours:

Here's the damage from mine. I hit the skid near the passenger side bolt, the front driver's LCA mount/skid (Hardest hit I've ever taken and all that's there is a little dent in the skid), and the rear passenger LCA mount. Looks like I should go for some better skids, too...now to find someone who does pre-tacomas.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #49
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
you sir.... know how to make me want to buy your shit
hahaha
Hahaha. Thanks, seriously though I could probably drop off the skid on my way down there, or at least shipping should be cheap to just jump over the mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Here's the damage from mine. I hit the skid near the passenger side bolt, the front driver's LCA mount/skid (Hardest hit I've ever taken and all that's there is a little dent in the skid), and the rear passenger LCA mount. Looks like I should go for some better skids, too...now to find someone who does pre-tacomas.
Definitely something I'll be trying to come out with. I would have already off off my shop helps' 95, but we just SAS'ed it recently so no more measuring his rig. hahah

Old 09-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #50
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely something I'll be trying to come out with. I would have already off off my shop helps' 95, but we just SAS'ed it recently so no more measuring his rig. hahah

That's a bad ass rig! I'd be down to help you design something off of my truck but the trip over to Reno is a little far, but not too bad. I could probably work something into my schedule, though. Let me know!
sorry for the thread jack...free bump!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #51
ANoodle is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
ANoodle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha. Thanks, seriously though I could probably drop off the skid on my way down there, or at least shipping should be cheap to just jump over the mountains

Nice MoonRock photo man.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #53
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery

PLEASE contact me ASAP if/when you start pumping out products for the 'ol Pickup I could use some sliders to start . . .