Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ride quality

Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
abcdleines is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
abcdleines's Tacoma Gallery
Ride quality

Here is what I want to do on my 2012 Prerunner DC, need to know if my ride quality will improve or be worst. OME 884 coils, Bilstein 5100's, and Icon add-a-leaf. Anyone have this set up? I do have a Leer 180 canopy on my truck now if that matters. Thanks
Old 09-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking into OME I would say run their nitrocharger shocks and go with either 885's or 886 if you plan to run a plate bumper
Old 09-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you have an offroad, sport, or SR5. I lifted my 06 offroad and the ride was the same. Lifted my sport and the ride went from a floating cloud to my offroad version. I used an OME lift on both fyi.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Sorry, I have a SR5. I only want a little height for ease of access and some light off road.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Ride quality over what?

Not all driving surfaces are the same.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Stock ride.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
I have that set up except I am running the OME shocks. I prefer the ride to stock. It is firmer but not harsh, it is better when cornering and braking. The rear soaks up the bumps. It gave me 2" up front and in the rear (I left the overload in) and I have a DCLB V6 4x4. The only time it seems too rough is on the older concrete road with the expansion joints at regular intervals, but there aren't too many of these roads left.