1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Side mirrors w/ turn signal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bjboucher, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 16, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher [OP] Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    Tried searching, which is hard on this site....TONS of threads on here makes it hard to sift through! Not a bad thing I guess.

I really want the body color side mirrors with turn signals in them that they put on the TRD Sports for my truck. Have a couple questions though:

1. Is my SR5 model pre-wired for turn signals?
    2. Is replacing the mirrors a pain?
    3. Anyone have a part number for the 2012 mirrors? Seem very hard to find on-line right now. All I can find are the 2005-2011 mirrors. I think the style changed slightly for 2012.

As long as my DCLB truck is, I can't believe it didn't come with some sort of side marker turn signal. My tiny former Mazda3 even had them and it was like half the length! lol.

2. Sep 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 SSM Prerunner TRD-OFFROAD
    Front: 5100@1.75 with SR5 coils; Rear: 5100 and 1.5 Toytec aal; Tires: Hankook 265/75R16 RF08 ATM; Wheels: powdercoated off-road wheels with FJ TRD center caps
    I have no clue if the SR5 are prewired, but Toyota seems to prewire a lot of their things.
    The thread should help if not prewired.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...nal-approach-lighting-power-fold-yes-wip.html

For replacing the mirrors, remove the door panels, then unbolt the three bolts. Not to hard.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...how-dis-assembling-your-mirrors-painting.html

Sorry no part numbers but Toyota of Dallas has a pretty good website for parts.
    http://www.toyotapartsales.com/part...teid=214074&vehicleid=1502964&diagram=8512605

3. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    Y3ll0wJ4ck3t

Y3ll0wJ4ck3t Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    '12 Base 4wd 5pd 2.7
    3in Procomp Lift, 34in swampers, Stickers.
    Was it pre wired? I’m looking to do this on my 2012 base 4wd

4. Feb 11, 2018 at 9:30 PM
    MattDaddy

MattDaddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR AC 4x4 6MT
    I’m pretty sure you don’t have to remove the door panels, just the triangle piece above the door panel. Then there should be a couple fasteners and the mirrors will drop. At least that’s how they were last time I replaced one.

5. Feb 12, 2018 at 5:59 AM
    CITY TACO

CITY TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Greater New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Barcelona Red
    You can't acces the wires by just taking off the triangle. You need to take off the door panel to see the round connector as it is buried lower. Check the connector to see if there are more wires on the lower one then on the upper one. If so you have the lights prewired if not you have a larger job on your hand. You do not have to buy the sport mirrors as all the bases are the same. There is a outside cover that pops off, if you move the mirror glass you will see the tabs. When you take it off you should see what looks like a slot with a couple of screw holes, this is where the light goes. The signal light came standard on the 2009 - 2012 RAV4, sienna, and highlander. Wrecking yards are full of them and best place to get them as you need some of the wiring also. Toyota wants big bucks for them as I was quoted $130 each here in Canada. There are also sellers on eBay from China that sell them for $25 US free shipping.
    Toyota sells just the outer cover for the mirror in your trucks color, they want $80 each up here but appear to be a lot less in the US. Do not buy the mirror assembly off eBay or Amazon they are crap and if you break the mirror glass you can't get a replacement as they are an odd size and smaller then the Toyota ones.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 12, 2018 at 6:09 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Good info!​

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top