1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DiamondBack SE bed covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by willinid, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Jan 15, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    willinid

willinid [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma access 4cyl 4x4
    Has anyone bought one of these sectioned tonneau covers? They seem to be well designed and rugged, but expensive. I can't tell from their literature whether it can be installed with the Toyota tie-down rails in place. Any opinions about this product?

willinid

2. Jul 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    stryk3

stryk3 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    OHIO
    Vehicle:
    2012 TACOMA
    DIAMONDBACK COVER

Rails work good in front,too short for rear to engage lock.Rear just needs a small hole through bedliner to engage LOCK.

I should have pictures up SOON,I love my top.
    YOU WILL STILL NEED A POP AND LOCK FOR THE TAILGATE,IF YOU DEEM NEEDED.

I had a mountain top ,now only sold in Norway,on my 2004 Tacoma!

I WOULD BUY THE DIAMONDBACK AGAIN.
    SITS FLUSH TO MY BED RAILS,NO LEAKS,AND NOW WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS,VERY SECURE.
    I need that security to travel AND MINIMIZE RISK OF THEFT.

3. Jul 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I have the access tonneau and absolutely love it. Allows the use of the bed rail and it sits flat which looks clean to me, instead of the arched frame. Easy to open and close. I've had 2 other tonneaus on different vehicles and this is by far my favorite. Those being a tri fold and one a roll with button snaps.

4. Jul 14, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    I have been looking at this top too, but also found diamondback makes a cover for the LineX company. They say if you want to haul anything on top, the LineX model is not designed for this. But I think I like the LineX cover better, they use a smooth aluminum stock, not the diamond plate, and its coated with LineX. Cost is $899 delivered for our trucks. Diamondback wants an extra $300 to coat their covers...;)

Products Discussed in

To Top