Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 brake question

Old 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #21
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
That works for me, but why did it start after 13 months of ownership? And will it ever stop? On my drive home it became quite irritating, every time I apply the brakes I get this loud servo sound for a few seconds.

I cleaned the interior recently, first time....Should have known it was a bad idea.
maybe a leak somewhere so the booster has to overcome the leak everytime you press the brake pedal?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
That works for me, but why did it start after 13 months of ownership? And will it ever stop? On my drive home it became quite irritating, every time I apply the brakes I get this loud servo sound for a few seconds.

I cleaned the interior recently, first time....Should have known it was a bad idea.
yours does not sound normal I would definitely take it to the dealer.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #23
Geode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Geode's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the comments, I'll have it looked at. I was hoping to stay clear of the dealership, but I need to get over that.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #24
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #25
Geode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Geode's Tacoma Gallery
Took a look under the hood today, there is an aluminum canister of sorts just to the left of the brake master cylinder. It shakes and makes the noise I've been hearing when I depress the brakes.

My neighbor (a mechanic of sorts) says it shouldn't do that, that it is part of the brake/steering booster system.

So I called my local dealer today to schedule the pedal cutting, ECU reflash and have them look at this noise, they told me fine, and to bring it in Monday at 8 AM, didn't take my name or information of any type (vehicle etc) and hung up

Everyone in town seems to have nothing good to say about the dealer, O'brian auto park of Urbana Illinois. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #26
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
I still haven't had this noise start yet. But I have a load click when going from forward to reverse. The dealer says it the calipers rocking back and forth. But of course its "normal"
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
Die hard Toyota fan!
66chevelless511 is on a distinguished road

66chevelless511's Tacoma Gallery
I just took delivery of my 13 trd of road today. First thing i noticed after initial acquaintance of the truck is the slight buzzing in the pedal associated with a slight wooshing sound as well... Also when shutting down truck it makes a loud click and whirring motor noise that has a bit of a high pitched whine to it (kind of like s a vacuum cleaner). So i hear on here its normal AND its not normal...i guess I'll ask the dealer.Hope its ok! First new vehicle, kind of concerned. The buzzing feel is on the uncomfortable side of annoying.any additional thoughts appreciated.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #28
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66chevelless511 View Post
I just took delivery of my 13 trd of road today. First thing i noticed after initial acquaintance of the truck is the slight buzzing in the pedal associated with a slight wooshing sound as well... Also when shutting down truck it makes a loud click and whirring motor noise that has a bit of a high pitched whine to it (kind of like s a vacuum cleaner). So i hear on here its normal AND its not normal...i guess I'll ask the dealer.Hope its ok! First new vehicle, kind of concerned. The buzzing feel is on the uncomfortable side of annoying.any additional thoughts appreciated.
I have a '13 OR and the brakes drive me nuts. I have a "swoosh, squish" sound every time I press the pedal. Its not a slight sound, I think its loud as I can hear it with radio on and windows down. But I do not have the buzzing sound you described. Well at least not that I noticed.