Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black tool chest in bed

Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Black tool chest in bed

So I've searched and I haven't seen too many options.

I'm looking for pictures and sizes of tool chest that people have installed in their bed. I'm looking for a chest style box that fits between and below or equal to the rails. Not the over rail boxes but those that fit within the bed.

Thanks guys and gals
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Just stumbled on this (i was checking out your sliders because i am getting some) I have this exact setup. I think theres a picture in my gallery. I can get you better ones tomorrow if you are still looking. Old thread though i am guessing you have already figured it out.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nevermind, nothing in my gallery. This is the best i can do for now. Measures 42x19x19, it sticks up about 3/4 higher than the bed rails. Its a UWS box.
Black tool chest in bed-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353369080.623756.jpgBlack tool chest in bed-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353369106.005221.jpgBlack tool chest in bed-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353369124.242599.jpg
Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Nevermind, nothing in my gallery. This is the best i can do for now. Measures 42x19x19, it sticks up about 3/4 higher than the bed rails. Its a UWS box.
Attachment 180730Attachment 180731Attachment 180732
Awesome. Thanks. I still haven't bought a box yet. Still deciding
Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery

Not quite what you were looking for. It's a UWS low profile. Very happy with the quality. Cost me $394.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
check my build thread, I put a chest style box in the bed and painted it with truck bed spray can liner.

Spray can liner doesn't hold up that well, but its easy to touch up.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #7
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I wish someone would make a narrow (12-14") chest style tool box...
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I wish someone would make a narrow (12-14") chest style tool box...
Kobalt does.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Kobalt does.
Are you sure it's a chest style tho? I think its the model that sits on the bed rails...
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 180730Attachment 180731Attachment 180732
Do you have the model number for this box?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
Do you have the model number for this box?
I am not positive but i think this is it. http://uwsta.com/p/42-standard-chest-blk?pp=12&pp=12#
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Are you sure it's a chest style tho? I think its the model that sits on the bed rails...
Whoops sorry, you are right. Didn't read the op correctly.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I want to get one
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Mitch,

I got this one about 3 weeks ago:

Dee Zee 8537B

37" wide
16" high
19" deep

Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #15

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Hello Mitch,

Dee Zee 8537B

37" wide
16" high
19" deep

FINALLY! Thank you. I have looked at that one. You just made up my mind. Thank you
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
You are welcome! Glad I could help!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not positive but i think this is it. http://uwsta.com/p/42-standard-chest-blk?pp=12&pp=12#
nice. just found the box i want. i was going to get a diferent one that rested on the sides. but they donít work with a soft topper, and i want a soft topper really bad.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
nice. just found the box i want. i was going to get a diferent one that rested on the sides. but they donít work with a soft topper, and i want a soft topper really bad.
Ya the ones that rest on the bed rails are nice, and convenient because you can slide things under them, but they wont work with a soft topper or in my case the adjustable thule ladder racks. 42" fits between the wheel wells in the bed perfectly.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Hello Mitch,

Dee Zee 8537B

37" wide
16" high
19" deep

Did you mean 19" high? It looks like the same height as mine.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #20

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are welcome! Glad I could help!

Can you get a photo of how you have it secured to the bed for security purposes