1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black Tacoma - Would You Do It Again?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AeroCooper, Sep 19, 2012.

?

Would You Buy Another Black Tacoma?

Poll closed Oct 19, 2012.
  1. Yes, totally worth the endless effort!

66 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Yes, I like it when it's dirty!

21 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. No, it looks bad more often than good!

48 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. No, the paint gets messed up too easy!

36 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Dec 4, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    Bought black... 2 years later I wish I had a white one. But if I had bought white, I probably would be wishing I had a black one. So... :notsure:

2. Dec 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Now, this is a three month old thread, so the original poster is probably long gone and bought a MGM or something. But for others on the fence who find this thread I offer this advice:

It's tough to keep looking sharp. For a car (or a tacoma) that you can keep in a garage - not so bad. But a truck is usually kept outside all the time. And the dust piles up quicker. In the summer, I use a "california car duster" on it pretty much every day, and wash it weekly.

When it was new I toyed with writing a tongue in cheek article titled "The Black Car Owner's Secret Society Membership Guide" with rules in it like:

Black is *always* clean.

Other car owners must *never* see you washing your Black. So the best time to do this is immediately before dawn. Black owners sometimes purchase special lights so they can accomplish this.

Recommendation: wash your Black immediately *before* it rains so that the Black will glisten with the fresh beads of water on it.

etc...

So if you're on the fence before you even buy it - probably not a good idea.

Black is for the owners who see it on the lot and say: I've gotta have *that* one.

3. Dec 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    spiralout462

spiralout462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 dclb
    Icon suspension '15 toyota nav TRD FJ SE anthracite wheels Weathertechs Trd pro pieces
    "Black is for the owners who see it on the lot and say: I've gotta have *that* one."

Amen!!

4. Dec 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper [OP] Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Yep, MGM and lovin' it. :D

...and spend the next 5 years regretting it. :p I keed, I keed!!

5. Dec 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    mdurbs68

mdurbs68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Weathertech Floorliners, AVS In Channel Vent Visors, Removed TRD Stickers, Plastidipped Emblems
    Bought my black used. It has obviously been through brush car washes with the previous owner. I have wored fairly had to get the surface scratches out but never will completely. Bottom line, the deal was too good to pass up!

6. Dec 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    chipnoreo

chipnoreo Ready for snow!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anna
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Ram Eco Diesel
    Getting 30 mpg on the highway
    My black sand pearl has a few scratches on it... but from 10 feet away, damn it looks hot when it's all cleaned up. Get some wax on it and get that deep shine..... Granted that lasts maybe a day.... It also looks sweet covered in mud. Everywhere in between it looks a little sad. But hey, it's a head turner no matter what :)

Products Discussed in

To Top