1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fab Four Bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Sbkuhn, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    This.

2. Apr 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    magnetic11

magnetic11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    Got this on last night. I seen how the bars are in front of the lights, but its not enough to do anything. plus the fog lightas are bright as crap.
    [​IMG]
    and sorry for the crapy phone pics at night, forgot my camera was in the truck.
    [​IMG]

3. Apr 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I installed my rear bumper today, it went on fairly easy. The tire carrier on the other hand, well here's the list - locking pin doesn't line up with the hole so the tire carrier doesn't lock in the open position. The latch handle is missing along with several bolts, washers and nuts. The 3 lug nuts that hold the tire on are missing as well. There are 5 bolts that hold the upper pivot bracket to the bumper, 3 on the side and 2 on top. I could only get two of the three to line up on the side. I don't know if the alignment issues are quality control failures or not but I will be talking to FF this week. As for missing parts - BIG FAIL!! Still need to install the front, can't wait to see how that's going to go.

Having said all that, the bumper is very well made and looks really nice on the truck.

4. Apr 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    TacomaG26

TacomaG26 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    4.0v6 4x4 TRD Sport
    2.5in spacer leveling kit with Toytech AAL in the rear, Brute Force Fab front and rear bumper, AFE stage2 CAI, Alpine headunit with Rockford Fosgate amp and sub, tibted windows, KC lights.
    I WANT! :D

5. Apr 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    their customer sevice is really good. i bought mine new off of a member with no hardware for the rear. i emailed FF and they sent me all the hardware for the front and rear. the only thing that sucked for me were the two bolts that go through the hitch, they were fun.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. Apr 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
  7. Apr 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I have some issues with the tire carrier which FF has agreed to overnight a new TC and all hardware. The front went on fairly easy however I was hoping for a better fit. There are some gaps along the lower edge of the grill and headlights that I wish would have been a bit smaller. All in all not to bad. I will try and get some pics in a day or two.

8. Apr 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    As you can see, I installed the Fab Fours bumpers. The rear has a tire carrier that unfortunately must go back to FF. The locking pin did not line up with the detent so the carrier wouldn't lock. Additionally the locking lever was missing as well as several nuts, bolts and washers for the carrier and tire mounting brackets. FF has been very responsive and will overnight the carrier & parts as soon as it is fabricated. The Warn 9.5 Cti. winch mounted up without a hitch. And while I was at it I installed my Retrofit Source D2S Minis. Today I pulled the front shocks and compressed the springs an additional 1/2". Last but not least had the Warden Tredwrights mounted and ballanced - Love em.

FabFoursFrontBumper_zps8fa96488_e3026f0e80d45acf8807afa16dbf03d578b2edc2.jpg

RearFabFoursBumper_zps19b15e92_550b1077fb389717485bfdbd9b05b5602c6db599.jpg

9. Apr 19, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    magnetic11

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Looks Really Good. I Need To Decide On A Winch.

10. Aug 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am really digging the look for FF's Rear Plate.
    But the Front is okay.... look weird to me lol

But too bad i do not have the use of a plate bumper.... =(

But i might just get the rear.
    And if i ever get the front it will be the road armor

11. Sep 12, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    Evenflow

Evenflow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    Hi, I purchased front and rear FF's and seem to have encountered the same problems I have seen mentioned here and another forum with front bumper fitment and the rear tire gate pin mis alignment. As someone else mentioned the customer service has been great but...

My big problem is with the front bumper after picking it up from LineX and installing it I ran into a bad fit issue. With the front bumper pushed as far back as it can go there is still a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back corners of the bumper line up with the wheel well body line but there is a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back bottom edge of the bumper is hitting the FF frame mounting brackets while that 1 1/4" gap is still there. It can't go back any further without cutting the bumper or brackets. When I sent them photos of the problem I thought at the time and they agreed that they may had mis shipped a 12-13 bumper which seemed to explain the huge gap due to the protruding grill and headlights on the new 12-13's.

So, today my replacement bumper arrived and the minute I opened the crate I noticed the bumper was identical to what I already had. I grabbed and tape measure and confirmed my suspicion...exact same bumper and it would not fit any better. I compared the mounting brackets...all identical...so I called them again but their engineer was out sick today. I'm in a bit of a panic mode because of the cash outlay so far for the bumpers and the LineX :/

When I look at the white truck in this thread the fit looks perfect, blue truck not too good ( sorry no offense ) and the night shot of the gray truck the gap looks bad but hard to tell since it's a night shot. The white truck which is the truck on their web site appears to have a perfect fit, lines up with wheel well and tucks under lights and grill. Did you guys have to modify the bumper or brackets to get it to meet the grill ? If so do the corners then protrude into your wheel well and not match up with the body line of the wheel well ?

image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  12. Sep 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Evenflow

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    Sorry using my iPad and it will not let me upload more than one pic at a time, this pic shows how the bumper is bottomed out against the mount

image.jpg

13. Sep 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    Evenflow

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes

14. Sep 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hey Jason, I will be interested to see how you get the issue with spacing the front bumper solved. I had pushed mine up so high and close to try and cover the gaps that every time I hit a bump the fender and bumper were clashing and the bumper was also rubbing the paint off the filler pieces under the headlights. I eventually lowered the bumper a bit to stop the bang and rubbing but that resulted in bigger gaps.

Obviously Fab Fours has some work to do if they intend to improve this product and sell more bumpers for the Tacoma.

Unfortunately this was the only bumper that would house my Warn Cti 9.5 winch.

Good luck with fitting up your bumper - I will be watching.

PS. Don't let Ant get you fired up, I think he just likes to punch buttons to see what results he gets.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  15. Sep 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    :cool: I got a good laugh out of this one.

16. Sep 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    CASTRATE

CASTRATE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    SW of Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SR5 6spd
    Or homemade. Then you get exactly what you want

17. Sep 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    Evenflow

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    I can't believe you got yours close enough to actually rub anything, mine is hitting the mounting bracket and can't got any further and still has the 1 1/4" gap. I spoke to their engineer for about an hour Friday about all of the issues with both bumpers and it really sounds like something weird happened between the time that white truck was set up and the production runs started. He really wanted to start from scratch and correct all of the issues. Their customer service has been great and they have promised to replace my bumper and pay for the new bumper to be LineX'd too. I would encourage you to reach out to them about your fit issues and see if they can take care of you too.

The most frustrating part is that 4WP all along has been acting like it is 100% my problem and leaving me to deal with it. If it wasn't for their financing at 4WP I would never deal with them...ever.

18. Sep 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    i just cant like that front bumper....just looks toooooo bulky.

19. Sep 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    kevin.95

kevin.95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Kennesaw, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB Sport 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, Tint, Skids, Speakers, OEM Roof Rack, Westin Brush Guard, HID Offroad lights, Fog Light Anytime Mod, Stealth Customs Matte Gunmetal w/ Kenda MT's, Relentless Fab Bed Bars w/ yakima cargo rack
    does the fab4 rear bumper work along with the factory hitch receiver?

20. Sep 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    marinetanker504

marinetanker504 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma V6 3.5 SR5
    Black, no mods
    man, I can't tell you how bad-ass this looks. Where can I find something like this front bumper replacement??

Products Discussed in

To Top