Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fab Four Bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #42
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
front bumper

Got this on last night. I seen how the bars are in front of the lights, but its not enough to do anything. plus the fog lightas are bright as crap.

and sorry for the crapy phone pics at night, forgot my camera was in the truck.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #43
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my rear bumper today, it went on fairly easy. The tire carrier on the other hand, well here's the list - locking pin doesn't line up with the hole so the tire carrier doesn't lock in the open position. The latch handle is missing along with several bolts, washers and nuts. The 3 lug nuts that hold the tire on are missing as well. There are 5 bolts that hold the upper pivot bracket to the bumper, 3 on the side and 2 on top. I could only get two of the three to line up on the side. I don't know if the alignment issues are quality control failures or not but I will be talking to FF this week. As for missing parts - BIG FAIL!! Still need to install the front, can't wait to see how that's going to go.

Having said all that, the bumper is very well made and looks really nice on the truck.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #44
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
I WANT!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #45
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

their customer sevice is really good. i bought mine new off of a member with no hardware for the rear. i emailed FF and they sent me all the hardware for the front and rear. the only thing that sucked for me were the two bolts that go through the hitch, they were fun.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #48
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
As you can see, I installed the Fab Fours bumpers. The rear has a tire carrier that unfortunately must go back to FF. The locking pin did not line up with the detent so the carrier wouldn't lock. Additionally the locking lever was missing as well as several nuts, bolts and washers for the carrier and tire mounting brackets. FF has been very responsive and will overnight the carrier & parts as soon as it is fabricated. The Warn 9.5 Cti. winch mounted up without a hitch. And while I was at it I installed my Retrofit Source D2S Minis. Today I pulled the front shocks and compressed the springs an additional 1/2". Last but not least had the Warden Tredwrights mounted and ballanced - Love em.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #49

Looks Really Good. I Need To Decide On A Winch.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
I am really digging the look for FF's Rear Plate.
But the Front is okay.... look weird to me lol

But too bad i do not have the use of a plate bumper.... =(

But i might just get the rear.
And if i ever get the front it will be the road armor
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #51
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Need some help from FF owners

Hi, I purchased front and rear FF's and seem to have encountered the same problems I have seen mentioned here and another forum with front bumper fitment and the rear tire gate pin mis alignment. As someone else mentioned the customer service has been great but...

My big problem is with the front bumper after picking it up from LineX and installing it I ran into a bad fit issue. With the front bumper pushed as far back as it can go there is still a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back corners of the bumper line up with the wheel well body line but there is a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back bottom edge of the bumper is hitting the FF frame mounting brackets while that 1 1/4" gap is still there. It can't go back any further without cutting the bumper or brackets. When I sent them photos of the problem I thought at the time and they agreed that they may had mis shipped a 12-13 bumper which seemed to explain the huge gap due to the protruding grill and headlights on the new 12-13's.

So, today my replacement bumper arrived and the minute I opened the crate I noticed the bumper was identical to what I already had. I grabbed and tape measure and confirmed my suspicion...exact same bumper and it would not fit any better. I compared the mounting brackets...all identical...so I called them again but their engineer was out sick today. I'm in a bit of a panic mode because of the cash outlay so far for the bumpers and the LineX :/

When I look at the white truck in this thread the fit looks perfect, blue truck not too good ( sorry no offense ) and the night shot of the gray truck the gap looks bad but hard to tell since it's a night shot. The white truck which is the truck on their web site appears to have a perfect fit, lines up with wheel well and tucks under lights and grill. Did you guys have to modify the bumper or brackets to get it to meet the grill ? If so do the corners then protrude into your wheel well and not match up with the body line of the wheel well ?
Attached Thumbnails
Fab Four Bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #52
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Hi, I purchased front and rear FF's and seem to have encountered the same problems I have seen mentioned here and another forum with front bumper fitment and the rear tire gate pin mis alignment. As someone else mentioned the customer service has been great but...

My big problem is with the front bumper after picking it up from LineX and installing it I ran into a bad fit issue. With the front bumper pushed as far back as it can go there is still a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back corners of the bumper line up with the wheel well body line but there is a 1 1/4" gap between the bumper and the grill. The back bottom edge of the bumper is hitting the FF frame mounting brackets while that 1 1/4" gap is still there. It can't go back any further without cutting the bumper or brackets. When I sent them photos of the problem I thought at the time and they agreed that they may had mis shipped a 12-13 bumper which seemed to explain the huge gap due to the protruding grill and headlights on the new 12-13's.

So, today my replacement bumper arrived and the minute I opened the crate I noticed the bumper was identical to what I already had. I grabbed and tape measure and confirmed my suspicion...exact same bumper and it would not fit any better. I compared the mounting brackets...all identical...so I called them again but their engineer was out sick today. I'm in a bit of a panic mode because of the cash outlay so far for the bumpers and the LineX :/

When I look at the white truck in this thread the fit looks perfect, blue truck not too good ( sorry no offense ) and the night shot of the gray truck the gap looks bad but hard to tell since it's a night shot. The white truck which is the truck on their web site appears to have a perfect fit, lines up with wheel well and tucks under lights and grill. Did you guys have to modify the bumper or brackets to get it to meet the grill ? If so do the corners then protrude into your wheel well and not match up with the body line of the wheel well ?
Sorry using my iPad and it will not let me upload more than one pic at a time, this pic shows how the bumper is bottomed out against the mount
Attached Thumbnails
Fab Four Bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
[QUOTE=PSU Taco85;7422991]Buy a CBI or relentless, problem solved[/

Don't be a dick, trust me I think half the stuff on your truck is crap too but I don't spend my time trolling forums looking for the opportunity to talk shit.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #54

Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jason, I will be interested to see how you get the issue with spacing the front bumper solved. I had pushed mine up so high and close to try and cover the gaps that every time I hit a bump the fender and bumper were clashing and the bumper was also rubbing the paint off the filler pieces under the headlights. I eventually lowered the bumper a bit to stop the bang and rubbing but that resulted in bigger gaps.

Obviously Fab Fours has some work to do if they intend to improve this product and sell more bumpers for the Tacoma.

Unfortunately this was the only bumper that would house my Warn Cti 9.5 winch.

Good luck with fitting up your bumper - I will be watching.

PS. Don't let Ant get you fired up, I think he just likes to punch buttons to see what results he gets.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #55
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Buy a CBI or relentless, problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Don't be a dick, trust me I think half the stuff on your truck is crap too but I don't spend my time trolling forums looking for the opportunity to talk shit.
I got a good laugh out of this one.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #56
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Buy a CBI or relentless, problem solved
Or homemade. Then you get exactly what you want
Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
Hey Jason, I will be interested to see how you get the issue with spacing the front bumper solved. I had pushed mine up so high and close to try and cover the gaps that every time I hit a bump the fender and bumper were clashing and the bumper was also rubbing the paint off the filler pieces under the headlights. I eventually lowered the bumper a bit to stop the bang and rubbing but that resulted in bigger gaps.

Obviously Fab Fours has some work to do if they intend to improve this product and sell more bumpers for the Tacoma.

Unfortunately this was the only bumper that would house my Warn Cti 9.5 winch.

Good luck with fitting up your bumper - I will be watching.

PS. Don't let Ant get you fired up, I think he just likes to punch buttons to see what results he gets.
I can't believe you got yours close enough to actually rub anything, mine is hitting the mounting bracket and can't got any further and still has the 1 1/4" gap. I spoke to their engineer for about an hour Friday about all of the issues with both bumpers and it really sounds like something weird happened between the time that white truck was set up and the production runs started. He really wanted to start from scratch and correct all of the issues. Their customer service has been great and they have promised to replace my bumper and pay for the new bumper to be LineX'd too. I would encourage you to reach out to them about your fit issues and see if they can take care of you too.

The most frustrating part is that 4WP all along has been acting like it is 100% my problem and leaving me to deal with it. If it wasn't for their financing at 4WP I would never deal with them...ever.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #58
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
i just cant like that front bumper....just looks toooooo bulky.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #59
kevin.95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
kevin.95's Tacoma Gallery
does the fab4 rear bumper work along with the factory hitch receiver?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #60
marinetanker504 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1812 Tank Crewman
Name: Daniel
marinetanker504's Tacoma Gallery
man, I can't tell you how bad-ass this looks. Where can I find something like this front bumper replacement??