Notices

Any Ideas for my 08' Prerunner?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
The Gif
thegifguy is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT
thegifguy's Tacoma Gallery
Any Ideas for my 08' Prerunner?

Ive been setting on this truck for a little while and have done a little bit of mod (westin bull guard, billet grill, flowmaster dual exhaust, k&n cold air, avic d3 navigation, dual sub/amp combo, debadged, viper remote start/alarm system, tinted windows). I am looking for ideas to make this truck look extraordinary, so if you have an idea let me know.

P.S.
I'm on a military budget so i gotta be kind thrifty with my nickel.

Someone did this while i was in a restaurant.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Ideas for my 08' Prerunner?-img_0793.jpg  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Lift, Rims, Tires.
X2
Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Most definitely, lift her and give her some new shoes!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed Nothing makes a Tacoma look better than jacking it up a couple of inches and showing off some flashy rubber!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
X5 on the lift, wheels/tires!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Lift, Rims, Tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCrackCorn View Post
Most definitely, lift her and give her some new shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegifguy View Post
Kinda a newb here, what does X4/X5 mean???

All four agree with the first statement of Lift, Rims, Tires. X4/X5
Old 01-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
x6, at least some more aggressive tires first if you cant afford it all at once
Old 01-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

x means times, if you type something and I agree, for short I would just hit the quote button at the bottom and type x2 (times 2) then the person after that if they agree would put x3 etc....
Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
My other ride Hovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegifguy View Post
gotcha...thanks. How much do would i need to get a good lift with all the hoopla and wheels/tires?
Here is the set up I'm going with

From Toytec

OME 885 3" lift 299.99
OME N140S shocks 289.99
Bilstein Rear shocks 199.99

From somewhere else

Total Chaos Upper Control arms 639ish

Spidertraxx wheel spacers I think will be around 200, I'm using my stock wheels for now

then tires again, haven't decided which brand yet most likely BFG or Nitto, been looking at the Procomp AT they usually offer a buy 3 get one free so you can get 4 tires 285/75/16 for around 680.

Hope this helps, it's an expensive addiction as others will tell you.

Gary
Old 01-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #14
The Gif
thegifguy is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT
thegifguy's Tacoma Gallery
that is expensive, but it will be mine. Thank god for tax season. If i was smart i would have put money toward that rather than that WORTHLESS AVIC-D3 nav system. Spent nearly a grand on that piece of junk!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
My 08 Prerunner

I dont know what your budget is but im saving up for the toytech coilovers, billstines in the rear, rear add a leaf, and nitto tera grappler tires. and maybe the wheel spacers. Oh ya almost forgot total chaos upper control arms. I hear this is a great setup. And im pry gonna just run my stock tires on that lift until they wear and i can buy the nittos. I like to offroad occasionally when i get the shot. So if you can afford this then i would suggest doing something like this.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Can get pricey

Hey A lift will be pricey.. You can take short cuts but even then you will want new shoes.

This is what I did originally: Readylift spacer, 285/75/16 MT BAHA's on 16x8 DC-1 Blacks...

Now I need more lift up front. Hated the look in rear, got TSB done. Want another 1-2" in rear, but front is squating to much; soo, need C/O's to gain a little over 3".

SO originally spent: $1700 lift/tires/wheels/install: total. Now need to spend another $1100 for a performance C/O set front and back lift that will perform and look good.

My point: Dont rush, choose for your needs, if cant afford, dont settle for less, may cost more as did for me.

Alternative til can afford: Paint your rims Black and add aggressive tires for now
Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post

Alternative til can afford: Paint your rims Black and add aggressive tires for now
damn skippy...that what i did...lol. did the spacer lift/AAL for under $200...then the painted black rims for under $20...then the 255/75/17 bfg MT's for $450 shipped. now that i'm coming into the money to buy things, i've got the UCA's and CO's going on tomorrow, thx to roxspin, and will be getting a new leaf pack next month. and if u can buy from a reputable source and u can trust them, u can also buy used. i got my CO's used for $200 less than new...a little wear, but they are also rebuildable if i need to do that down the line...and i got my UCA's for about $200 less than new from a member on here. all in all, do what u can when u can.

oh, and yes, the avic-z2 would have been much better....this comes from the guy w/ the N1...lol
Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
with a lift, don't you have to get the allignment as well?

Hey OP, you are the first trucker here at TW with a debadged truck Wonder why so many folks like the badges so much. The tacoma have way too many badges.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
with a lift, don't you have to get the allignment as well?

Hey OP, you are the first trucker here at TW with a debadged truck Wonder why so many folks like the badges so much. The tacoma have way too many badges.
first, yes.....definately need an alignment....

second, there are MANY trucks here that are debadged, vinyl instead of emblems, or painted emblems.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Hey OP, you are the first trucker here at TW with a debadged truck

Too funny.

Products Discussed in this Thread