Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which Magnaflow muffler?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Which Magnaflow muffler?

I picked up a TRD catback today and im not really a fan of it. At lower rpm its louder than stock but only sounds like a loud drone and at higher rpm it sounds just like stock but louder. Im looking for something that is quiet at low rpm but loud at full throttle. So, which Magnaflow muffler would you recomend to achieve this?

I had a catback Magnaflow on my 2zz-ge Corolla XRS and it was perfect. Not too loud and a great tone while driving normally, but really screamed at WOT near the rev limiter (8200rpm).
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 12286 (5x8x24)

I cannot recommend this muffler more. I've had it now on two Tacomas and love the subtle rumble in lower RPMs. It will come to life when you get on it. No drone when cruising at all. Your wants in a muffler is exactly where I was at. Check it out and report back.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
Dibs if you wanna get rid of the catback muffler!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
I love my magnaflow offroad pro series.