Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED Bar mounting options? Photoshop inside

Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
LED Bar mounting options? Photoshop inside

Just bought a Hawk 21S 21" LED bar from BlitzPro via the group buy! Can't beat that price ($163.00 w/CA Tax).

Now I'm stuck on where to mount it when I get it. Here are the 3 possibilities I photoshopped. Size is approximate...

In the bumper after cutting out the vertical plastic pieces with a dremel.

Onto the flat section of the brushguard (I'll be replacing this with a Demello 3 hoop bumper as soon as I get some extra cash).

Roof mounted. Not really wanting to drill holes in my roof, and no plans for a roof rack as of now.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
in the lower bumper looks best to me man
^this x2
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I agree the lower valance is the best looking.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
"I know each one of you, like I know my own smell"
Portaparty2 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Portaparty2's Tacoma Gallery
Lower valance for sure....IMHO
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
There is a guy on tw that makes a led bar mount for the roof of 2nd gens. Two 21s up top for the win later down the line.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
There is a guy on tw that makes a led bar mount for the roof of 2nd gens. Two 21s up top for the win later down the line.
Yeah that's my ideal setup. With my Icon coilovers coming in next week, I couldn't justify spending another $163...but I'll be ordering another one soon