Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do I wire aftermarket lights to existing switch?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Joshman35 will become famous soon enough
Name: Josh
Joshman35's Tacoma Gallery
How do I wire aftermarket lights to existing switch?

I have a '09 Taco and am purchasing PIAA 525 dual beams, does anyone know how to wire these into the existing hi/low switch? I think it will be a pain if you have to constantly flip two switches when your driving.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshman35 View Post
I have a '09 Taco and am purchasing PIAA 525 dual beams, does anyone know how to wire these into the existing hi/low switch? I think it will be a pain if you have to constantly flip two switches when your driving.

Thanks guys!

id look into some hella instructions for ideas.

when i had my 700ffs they came with instructions that allowed them to be turned on with the high beams only but you still had to have the switch so you can still run the high beams without turning them on.

i dont know how your local laws on off road lights but instructions from the hella 700ff should is my best guess for a start
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Joshman35 will become famous soon enough
Name: Josh
Joshman35's Tacoma Gallery
I will be running dual beams though, how to I wire those to the existing oem hi/low switch that comes with the coma? Basically, I don't want to have to flip two switches when turning on/off my high beams.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshman35 View Post
I will be running dual beams though, how to I wire those to the existing oem hi/low switch that comes with the coma? Basically, I don't want to have to flip two switches when turning on/off my high beams.
splice them into the wiring for the low beam bulbs. its easy. splice the power line into the trucks low beam power line, and the ground into the trucks ground. and youre done. lights will come on with low beams, go off with high beams.