1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration 2012 Sr5 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2012 Tacoma, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Sep 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    2012 Tacoma

2012 Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Illinois/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5
    Undercover Classic, TRD Skidplate, Wet Okoles
    Gentlemen, got around 1800 miles on my 2012...Yesterday I felt a vibration in the floor and steering that kind of felt like the transfer case was engaged. This vibration was more more noticeable when turning. Had the GF drive as I sat in the passenger seat and felt it in the floor passenger side also. Parked it, went out a little later and same thing. Stuck it in 4WD for 100 yards and disengaged. Vibration disappeared and hasn't come back. No idea what this was and if engaging the 4x4 was just coincidental or what. Could have been a front caliper sticking and that's why it was more noticeable while turning???
    At about the same time had the TPMS light go on. When I picked it up new from the dealer in April all tires had 40 PSI. I put them to 30 PSI a few days later as the manual says and two of them were at 28 yesterday. I was able to reset the TPMS and the light is now off, probably not related but thought I would give all the details. Wanted to take it to the dealer this morn but of course the problem went away. Anybody have any ideas, Thanks

2. Sep 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    2012 Tacoma

2012 Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Illinois/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5
    Undercover Classic, TRD Skidplate, Wet Okoles
    Bump

Any ideas guys

3. Dec 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    graywolf2011

graywolf2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma 4X4
    undercover hard toneau, stainless steel nfab step bars
    What speed are you feeling the vibrations? I have a 2011 and am feeling what seems like a u-joint or axle bearing or carrier bearing between 50 and 65mph. I feel it in steering wheel and floor, its just a slight vibration, just started about a week ago, truck has 17K miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top