Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baja Edition, What's the difference?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #21
tacoma steve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tacoma steve's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Baja and love it. Get the Baja you won't be disappointed. You get the ultimate factory tacoma, all covered under warrenty. I was orginally going to get the tx pro and I'm glad I didn't. Plus I have yet to see another Baja on the road and get compliments on the truck all the time.

Steve
Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
Baja haters?

Wow, lots of Baja haters in this thread, thats too bad. I have a Red 2012 Baja and I love it.

Gmcaujo, I agree with the guys that if you want to go wheeling, especially if you're going to get into some big rocks and mud, go with the TRD Offroad or better. I had a Sport before and loved it, but the loss of the rear locker left me in a tough spot a couple of times.

I went with the Baja because there is a lot of very rough open terrain here in Texas and I love zipping across bumps the size of a Scion at 40+ MPH. Try that in your TRD Offroad.... haters.

You get the extra lift in the rear from an extra leaf in the spring, and in the front from the adjustable shock and larger coil. No spacers. The suspension is tuned for fast tracking across rough terrain, but the truck does equally as well in the mud, rocks, sand, etc.... and the additional wheel travel doesnt hurt.

Now you should know that the graphics are tacky.... but they peel off really easy. You should also know that the TRD exhaust is louder than stock and frankly a little annoying at first. However, it does mellow out after you get some mileage on the truck and probably does give you a little more HP, but not a lot. Lastly are the wheels. They are awesome wheels, but not true beadlocks, they are beadlock styled. That said, the beadlock styled rings do a great job as rock rings to protect the painted surface of the wheel, so they do serve a purpose other than looking nice.

All that said, I think you would be very happy with a TRD Offroad OR a Baja, they are both fantastic trucks. Just depends on what you like, what you're going to do with it, and how much aftermarket $$$ you want to put into it.

Smitty
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with the Baja if you like it go for it. Its fine if you're absolutely against modding. Although its like a normal OR would be fine for what you're using it for. The $5k savings would pay for your supercharger.

Personally I like the gradual build because I've found anything I've said I'm going to keep stock I've modded in some way anyway. I said I was gonna keep the Taco stock but I've spent about what you would to get the Baja package extra. That 5k got me wheels, tires, lift, UCA's, satoshi grille, exhaust, tint, stereo, and whatever other misc stuff I can't think of.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the tx pro and love it. I saw a baja after purchasing mine. Between the baja and the pro i have only seen 1 of each. I dont plan on doing shocks or coils for a little while so the upgrade was perfect for me. I do want to do trail armor and get my lift first. But all in all i dont regret spending the extra. Plus i got it for a smoking deal. I say go for it if you want it. Its your truck and your wallet.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
futonpimp is on a distinguished road
futonpimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Way to help out a new member

If you're totally against modding the truck yourself then go for it. You'll get a mild lift, nice wheels, and upgraded suspension.

We are both right, my apologies for wording it the way I did. A more constructive answer would have been better.

Get the baja if it's what you want. Great truck still a toyota and will last for years!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 trd or. Use the 4000
Icon coilovers=1000
Tires=1000
Uca =500 (optional)
Rear leaf pack with shocks=1000 (if you offroad a lot then required) If not just install bilstein 5100 shocks.
$500 savings, full bolt on and will blow the doors off the baja edition.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #27
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh. Why so much hate?

I've worked in off-road, and I've modded my share of personal and customer vehicles. I came to the point where "modding" has lost it's luster. One of the reasons I opted for the Tacoma TX Baja.

Anyways, there are only 2 Trucks on the market that I know of that come with a 60mm Front Strut and a Remote Resi out back from the Factory. TRD and Bilstein worked side by side on there shocks, and if you know anything about Bilstein you know the R&D they put into each shock is unreal.

60mm, Call it a 2.25" or 2.5" Coilover.

I can honestly say the performance of this truck against my 2009 with Fox 2.5" Remote Resi Coilovers and Bilstein 5100's, the Baja wins. Its balanced and handles outstanding.

I couldn't be happier.

Now if they would give the Tundra this type of attention... I'd be at the TX plant in a tent feverishly mast- well, waiting for my truck.

Bottom line.

Want to do it youself, make your own? TRD Off-Road.
If you don't and want to play it safe. TRD TX Baja.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
First Toyota fappers now Baja fappers.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at a "Baja" 2 weeks ago at a truck show at a Toyota dealer.

40k sticker price made me LMAO.

5K was for "custom" suspension, wheels, sticker, and tires I would never put on my truck = a total waste of money TO ME.

If you like paying dealership prices for shocks you could put on in a day for MUCH less money, tires I personally think are poop, wheels I personally think are ugly, and a graphic package that I think is for teenagers with ADD then go for it.

Otherwise just grab a SR5 and do that mods yourself. Anyone telling you you can't do it cheaper and better on your own is in fantasy land.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #30
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Baja comes with all the cool decals that add 1000000 zillion horsepower BRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #31
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
39 Grand is not too bad for a baja edition, considering they now have a limited edition for 37k thats just a gussied up SR-5 with leather. After being a owner of a Sport and a Off Road, I rather the sport for the appearance package over the locker.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #32
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
if i could do it all over again i would get a basic SR5 package and build it up from there..considering how much cash i have invested in mods and maintenance. but really, i shouldve have bought a crawler instead right from the beginning lol
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
if i could do it all over again i would get a basic SR5 package and build it up from there..considering how much cash i have invested in mods and maintenance. but really, i shouldve have bought a crawler instead right from the beginning lol
this...^^^^^
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
If I was you, buy an off road supercharge it and add bilsteins all around and set them to 1.75 up front. Then maybe buy some new rubber. Seems like a good set up to me for what you want.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I wish I bought an FJ.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I should have bought an FJ.

why they aren't diesel
Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
why they aren't diesel
I know right. We all know that diesels are God's gift to man.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
I wish I bought an FJ.
and have the worst designed SUV according to JD Powers!? muahahhhaah
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #39
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know right. We all know that diesels are God's gift to man.

now if he only made girls with diesel Vajj's I would never leave the house
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #40
Banned
Quote:
and have the worst designed SUV according to JD Powers!? muahahhhaah
Yeah. We should all take JD's advice so then we would all be driving Chevys.