Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baja Edition, What's the difference?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
now if he only made girls with diesel Vajj's I would never leave the house
Black smoke out of the tailpipe and turbo whistle as they breath.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Get on topic people. We left off at how the Baja rides better than anything you can build yourself.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get on topic people. We left off at how the Baja rides better than anything you can build yourself for less money .

FTFY
Old 09-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #44
Banned
Quote:
FTFY
Much better thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #45
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
also should add e-lockers blow.....literally

I have only read about (1) 8.4 blowing up and it was a guy I know 2 weeks ago doing something stupied that he now knows was wrong.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #46
Banned
Quote:
also should add e-lockers blow.....literally

I have only read about (1) 8.4 blowing up and it was a guy I know 2 weeks ago doing something stupied that he now knows was wrong.
My buddy blew his 8.0 on his 07. He tried to show off because I had a Ranger at the time. He ended up getting hung up by the super low cross member on a downhill section. He hit the locker but he didn't let it lock. Next thing you know he smashes on the throttle in reverse and all you hear is ca crack. It was funny watching the driveshaft spin while the tires did nothing.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #47
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My buddy blew his 8.0 on his 07. He tried to show off because I had a Ranger at the time. He ended up getting hung up by the super low cross member on a downhill section. He hit the locker but he didn't let it lock. Next thing you know he smashes on the throttle in reverse and all you hear is ca crack. It was funny watching the driveshaft spin while the tires did nothing.

Jandrews blew his twice
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #48
gmcuajo is on a distinguished road
gmcuajo's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody can post a picture of the stock off-road shocks. No matter if they are mounted. Or if have any other model, please post pics of the suspension... Please indicate wich model/package is.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #49
gmcuajo's Tacoma Gallery
Please post pictures of the shocks and wheels of new taco's off road package. If have pics of any other model please post them and say what model/package is.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #50
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
If the Baja has everything that you want for close to same cost at the end of all the mods, get it. You also have to factor in your time. If my truck came with a better set of wheels and tires and a better stereo than I wouldn't be shopping for better wheels and tires and a better stereo. Know what I mean? Just take off the hideous sticker.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #51
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've seen, it looks like prices are starting to come down on these and making more sense. If I were in the market and could get one 36-37 incl TTL, I'd probably do it.

Buuuuut, no DCLB so SUCK IT whommmmp whommmmmmmmp
Old 09-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #52
gmcuajo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
From what I've seen, it looks like prices are starting to come down on these and making more sense. If I were in the market and could get one 36-37 incl TTL, I'd probably do it.

Buuuuut, no DCLB so SUCK IT whommmmp whommmmmmmmp
No DCLB even w/off-road pkg...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #53
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Yes
Old 09-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
wouldn't having an extra 1-1/2' of wheel base kind of be pointless in a model "designed" for offroad use?

at least they got that part right IMHO.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #55
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish I bought an FJ.
WHen mine's paid off, trading it in for a 4runner.

Honestly OP, it all comes down to this, are you going to offroad your vehicle? Yes? Do you want to do it now and then probably spend more money later, replacing the suspension that you just spent an extra 5k on. Or do you want to buy the truck, do some light offroading, DO YOUR RESEARCH, and then buy the suspension you think you need(or want). For 5k I can long travel (front or back, not both) my truck with some Kings on there and be pretty happy. Or I can buy a TRD O/R and get the Icon stage 6 suspension package (for roughly 5k) and install it myself, learn a little something about my truck, and have a bitchin' suspension.

It all comes down to what YOU want to do. Alot of sheeple these days just want to buy something, IE FORD RAPTOR, and be able to go jump it at Pismo like Jberry and be just fine.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #56
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
WHen mine's paid off, trading it in for a 4runner.
I would love one of those but they are pricey.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #57
gmcuajo's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of the off-road package stock shocks?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #58
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcuajo View Post
Any pics of the off-road package stock shocks?
They are yellow Bilsteins.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would love one of those but they are pricey.
Yea, but I'm gonna start doing double/triple payments and try to have it paid off in a year, then trade it in or sell it (whichever i can get more for) and use it towards a new/newish gen 4runner. I really like the way the new models look and the trail edition has some interesting toys in it that could be fun.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #60
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Yea, but I'm gonna start doing double/triple payments and try to have it paid off in a year, then trade it in or sell it (whichever i can get more for) and use it towards a new/newish gen 4runner. I really like the way the new models look and the trail edition has some interesting toys in it that could be fun.
I would get a later 4th gen V8 4wd but they still want 30 for those.