Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baja Edition, What's the difference?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #61
PhillipSwanner is on a distinguished road
Marines: Retired, 1st Bn 5th Mar
Name: Phillip
PhillipSwanner's Tacoma Gallery
The Baja is built well. It has a warranty. Depending on mods made to the truck it could suspend the warranty. I bought one I thought it was worth it. It's all in what you like. Just get what you want. Nobody will be making your payment but you. Just remember it is a special edition so if you want to take the baja of the side just buy the TRD. It will drop its value. You can't go wrong with any Tacoma. Hope you get what you want. Happy shopping.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #62
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone just bought all the suspension parts from a BAJA and upgraded their standard suspension ??? can it be done ????
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #63
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot2na View Post
Has anyone just bought all the suspension parts from a BAJA and upgraded their standard suspension ??? can it be done ????
Yep, whole thread about it

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #64
Click is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Click's Tacoma Gallery
Another thought

I just bought a '13 DC OR in January, I traded a '10 tundra. I research as you are and battled the same thoughts... I use my truck at work in pretty extreme conditions, mining industry, and wanted something that would endure. The tacoma is advertised to b tough... Seems to b, for the most part. My real complaint is no heated mirrors and weak rear springs.

I bet your local dealer would install the lift of your desire.... Will you have to pay, yes.. But might get more for the buck... I say that not knowing if the Baja has the same spring issues as the other packages do... I would expect they do?? Idk.

Hearing your description of your wants, I don't think the Baja would be a mistake for you. I put 265/75 firestone destinations mud tires on my stock OR, it is very capable. Do I rock climb, no. Do I know the difference, yes. I'm a former jeeper... I'd say my daily off rd experience at work is very non-typical to most on week-ends. Do I wish the suspension was a little better. Yes! My goal was to buy a capable truck, stock! The tacoma would have give me that if not for the heated mirrors and weak rear suspension... You can research the suspension issue, on TW. If you don't plan to tow or carry any weight, you won't have any problems. Welcome to TW.. As a newbie myself.. Their r some good people on here...