I am new to this forum, searched but didn't found. I will write-up a long description of the info I am looking for...
Also search on the web and there is no official Toyota info or specs about the Tacoma Baja.
I am planning about buying a new Tacoma within 3 weeks when I get back to home. I want a double cab 4x4 auto in red. I am new to tacomas and don't know the true difference about different models. There are the TRD Sport, the Off-road package, the TX, and the TX Baja (as far as I can understand).
This will be my second car, so this time I want a new car, a model that have almost all the options available and I don't end up adding or wanting to have stuff of the other models.
I am more interested in performance and don't really care about sound systems or any other ICE. In fact if just the cheapest factory radio with 4 speakers lower the price of the truck that will be the best for me. I DON'T WANT TO MESS THE TRUCK WITH AFTERMARKET STUFF other than TRD exhaust, cold air intake and minor mods.So no any aftermarket suspension, lift etc. For previous experience it end up with warraty issues, aligment issues, etc.
What I really want to know is what are the real differences and performance upgrades of the baja edition vs an "off-road package tacoma"?
For what I search on the internet the differences of the TRD Sport vs TRD Off-Road:
1) HAC & DAC (hill start assist)
3) Auto-LSD rear differential
4) Bilstein Off-road suspension (TRD Sport says "Bilstein Sport Suspension")
5) Tires P265/70R16 in alloy wheels (TRD Sport says P265/65R17)
6) Engine Skid Plate
7) Front tow hook
8) Off-road graphics
My key questions here:
1) How the Auto-LSD rear differential work? For "Auto" I understand is like an "on demand" LSD. Does it work just in 4WD, all-time on demand, or have a bottom to lock the rear diff when in off-road?
2) Does this Bilstein Off-Road suspension is the same that is in the baja edition? The TRD Sport says Bilstein Sport, wich I understand is different than "off-road".
3) Are those different tires in 16" wheels the TRD wheels and BFGoodrichs of the baja?
What any other performance oriented difference have the baja that can't be found in this off-road package? Or this off-road package, really is the "baja edition" or "TRD TX off-road"?
Please someone that works in a dealer or really knows. Remember I am new to tacomas.