1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Your 2013 Order Failures?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Norville, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Sep 24, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Norville

Norville [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hi,

I've been trying now to order my 2013 for almost 4 weeks now with no success (through two different dealerships).

Any particular options / packages just not able to get in for you?

I tried to order a Magnetic Gray, DCSB, 4x4 TRD Sport, Entune, Towing, and TRD exhaust.

Apparently, I could get that exact vehicle, minus the exhaust ... which is the option causing ordering grief w/ accepting it into production.

2. Sep 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    fr3shingredient

fr3shingredient Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Honolulu, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    My father and I just purchased (2) 2013 dcsb trd sport.

One in magnetic grey and the other super white. Just waiting for it to come in to the dealership.

Was really fast. salesperson looked on the computer to check there inventory asked what package we wanted and color. and they had it available.

but i think the shipments come in different times cause he did tell me that they have limited amounts of packages coming in and color options.

3. Sep 25, 2012 at 4:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    So order the one minus the exhaust and then get the exhaust shipped and have the dealer install it?? Or bolt it on yourself??

4. Sep 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    pbm317

pbm317 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's the exact configuration I ordered too! Also noted that the TRD Exhaust wasn't coming up as available, and so I think I left that off for now.

5. Sep 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    This. I don't think some of the TRD add-ons are truly factory options.

6. Sep 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    shemp

shemp Well-Known Member

Member:
    As I understand it, NONE of them are factory options. Dealer-installed option.

7. Sep 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    kbourg1

kbourg1 Active Member

Member:
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I ordered a Magnetic Gray, DCSB, 4x4 TRD Sport, Towing, and and floor mats on 8-31-12 and it will be here next week. Had no trouble ordering. My salesman said something very similar to what fr3shingredient's salesman said.

8. Sep 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Norville

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I kept telling the fleet salesman who deals with internet sales (and is a manger there), the exact same thing ... that, "Isn't the exhaust installed here?". I asked him twice and he kept insisting that it was not and that I could take it elsewhere for the exhaust.

It felt like he almost didn't want to sell me the vehicle. So frustrated ... one month and no order.

I tried going to another dealership:

Them (all via email), "Wanna buy that Prius V?" (my girlfriend was shopping).
    Me, "No, we purchased her car already ... wanna sell me a Tacoma w/ X,Y,Z?"
    Them, "Is that a 4x4?"
    Me, "Yes."
    Them ... 3 days later, "Wanna buy that Prius?"
    Me, "Read my last two emails."

... if I managed my work that way, I'd get replaced ... time to start making some new calls.

9. Sep 26, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    Snoranger

Snoranger Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2012 TX Pro
    Philips LED Headlights PIAA Xtreme White Fogs Block Heater 30% Tint Decals Removed
    I ordered my 2012 w/o a problem around this time last year.

Went in person to the fleet sales dept...looked through the list of possibles, and picked out the one I wanted. I had all of the options done at "port" (location where it comes into the region) so I could avoid having to pay any install fee. Sounds like you're getting jerked around.

What part of the country are you shopping for this thing?

10. Sep 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    shemp

shemp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow, brilliant.
    Just buy the truck with standard exhaust. After you get it, order the exhaust you like (if you really want it), and you'll have a spare stock exhaust system. If you sell it, you'll probably end up ahead.

11. Sep 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    He is correct, dealers only add on stuff after they sell you the car (ie running boards, alarm, etc). Items from TRD are installed at the port of delivery if you place an order for a specific item before the car is delivered to the dealership

12. Sep 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    Norville

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I was just given an update that the issue is there is some emissions testing update going on as the exhaust was changing for the 2013's? I was told late December best case for including it on an order. Bummer.

13. Sep 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Ragin Devildoc

Ragin Devildoc MOLON LABE

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Grunt Life
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner DCSB SR5
    16x8.5 level 8 guardian w/ hankook dynapro atm rf10, aFe pro dry s, flowmaster dbx exhaust, debadged, 2nd air filter removal
    If you are stuck on that TRD then it will be a dealer install. Though depending on how much they want for it you could possibly look at purchasing another catback for less money. Also, the 2012 trd exhaust won't work?

14. Nov 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM
    JDeLuca

JDeLuca Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Staten Island NY
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport MGM
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Bed mat, Weather Techs wet okole seat covers
    When I bought my 2011 the dealer installed the TRD exhaust for me. Just ordered a 2013 Sport, the dealer will install the TRD exhaust for me again. Having trouble getting the truck with all that is going on from Sandy. The dealer has not had power for 4 days. Not sure when I will get my truck.

15. Nov 2, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    FWIW ... At 200 miles ... I got the TRD dual exhausts installed on a 2007 5.7 Tundra and the Toyota dealer installed it and it worked out great. Dealer even gave me 50% credit on original OEM (new) factory exhaust.

16. Nov 4, 2012 at 5:04 AM
    VTTACOMA

VTTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benj
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport, Black
    It all comes down to the emissions. They have super strict standards and toyota has to jump through the hoops due to CA standards so they get the 50 state legal rating. I passed on a 2013 and bought the 2012 because they could get the exhaust and charger. But the 2012 is still waiting to be approved for the CIA and may never get it with the tightening standards.

You may just have to order an exhaust for a 2012 and mount it yourself.

17. Nov 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Skidmen

Skidmen New Member

Member:
    I bought a 2013 MGM DCLB with TRD Exhasut. Dealer said no problem on the exhaust, it would be there the next day. 3 plus weeks later and no exhaust!? WTF!? Can't get a straight answer. At least this thread seems to answer something regarding emmissions. Totally frustrated!

18. Nov 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Glamis

Glamis date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID

Member:
    Anaheim & Glamis, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/LB Sport-2 Debadged
    Debadged, TRD exhaust, Devil Horns, Pop n lock, Stock wheels chromed, K&N, DRL's on/off switch, bed mat, lock & unlock beeper, Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime, 12v Cigarette lighter plug always on, 2009 LED Brake lights, TSP springs, Fire Stone Ride Air springs.
    Toyota of Orange, Orange, CA Tustin Toyota, Tustin, CA have them on the lot. Toyota of orange sells a tun of trucks. May be you just need to dealer trade.

19. Nov 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Good luck getting the order in especially on Tacoma's. Toyota sends you what they want, the order is more like a request from dealers, just because you "order" one doesn't mean they are going to give it to you. I had been trying to get a DCSB sport in all black for a customer since july and it just now hit the store. In November! Lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top