Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a moon visor on their coma?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Joshman35 will become famous soon enough
Name: Josh
Joshman35's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a moon visor on their coma?

Does anybody have a moon visor on their Toyota, or have you seen one?
Thinking about getting one, but don't know if it will look like complete trash or not. Thoughts?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
whats a moon visor? like a moon roof/sun roof?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i would not get one! just get a 5” or 6” strip of tint on the top of windshield, would look much better, also the tint strip wont effect aerodynamics of the truck. i know it’s a truck and it’s bad any ways. but i would bet that it would effect the air flow over the windshield and roof.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
oh.. yea thats some ugly shit
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
On certain body style of trucks, those look good, but the Tacoma is too rounded off so a square visor would stand out like a sore thump. A third generation Chevy pickup (73-87) is a good example of a truck a moon visor looks good on due to the shape of the truck being so square.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
oh.. yea thats some ugly shit
+1
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
On certain body style of trucks, those look good, but the Tacoma is too rounded off so a square visor would stand out like a sore thump. A third generation Chevy pickup (73-87) is a good example of a truck a moon visor looks good on due to the shape of the truck being so square.
^^^this^^^
Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
HAH! There's a black 1st gen that parked next to University of Utah a few years ago with that, as well as basically that style plastic going back as a headache bar going onto the bed...if you know what I mean. I laughed every time I saw it. I'll go see if it's there sometime this week and take a pic if I find it.

But, like others have said, it looks ok on other trucks, but don't degrade your Toyota
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
I think i just saw a thread by homertaco where his first truck had this... let me see if i can find it.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
here is the link! Feel free to chime in here too Craig!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-s-build.html

just scroll down.. looks like he had it on the red truck and the green first gen
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post

just scroll down.. looks like he had it on the red truck and the green first gen
yeah, i think itís OK on those old 80ís toyotas. but not the 1st and definitely not the 2nd gen!

also look ok on the old chevy/ford (70ís 80ís)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #13
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
I personaly do not like the look OP, But, it is your truck, and if its the route you wanna go, go for it If we all did the same mods to our trucks this would be a pretty boring place IMO.

I dont think you will be able to resell it on here if you dont like it though...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
walter is on a distinguished road
walter's Tacoma Gallery
classy. its like a mullet for the front
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #15
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was in a Ford Explorer with one of these once. We made the mistake of taking it through the automated car wash. It ripped the f'n thing right off of the roof. Scared the living shit outta me! I though the huge carwash roller was coming right through the windshield. Man it was loud!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
kauzmik is on a distinguished road
kauzmik's Tacoma Gallery
I am not fond of these to being with but to put it on a taco I think would be bad idea. looking at the pics of it on the other trucks. eww. BUT as stated, its your truck, if you like it then do it. I am even debating on a sunflector for mine. I still need to post pic of mine one of these days.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
If you get one of those, you gotta get a roof spoiler too. Just wouldn't look right without it.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #18
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Lund lighted visor on my 98 ranger it made the truck however I would not put one on my Tacoma, also I'm not sure if Lund even makes them anymore its not in these days.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think i just saw a thread by homertaco where his first truck had this... let me see if i can find it.
Quote:

Yup...

The 80's & 90's were a weird time...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yup...

The 80's & 90's were a weird time...
Those pics are awesome... awesome to the max