Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vote on the pics....Better with the Bull bar on or off?

View Poll Results: Bull bar On or Off ???
On 67 33.50%
Off 110 55.00%
Either way is OK 10 5.00%
Who gives a rats ass! 13 6.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #61
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
a tobaggan is a sled , there is no other correct terminology
In the Southern states, a tobaggan, is considered a knit hat/ski mask type of head cover for cold weather, I think y'all would call it a took. Hence my above post.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #62
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
In the Southern states, a tobaggan, is considered a knit hat/ski mask type of head cover for cold weather, I think y'all would call it a took. Hence my above post.
Hillbilly term for a hat you wear while tobogganing , properly known as a touque , toque or tuque

A toboggan is a sled , that is all
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #63
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hillbilly term for a hat you wear while tobogganing , properly known as a touque , toque or tuque

A toboggan is a sled , that is all
Just saying...
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #64
Huntzingercoy09 is on a distinguished road

Name: coy
Huntzingercoy09's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks good with it on that set up but honestly you should get a mans bumpe.. just saying

quick questioon how i put a picrtute up every time i say a message of my tacoma?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #65

oh and what suspenion do you have for that lift? i want that height and tires.. i only have 33's and i rub baaaad
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #66

what up! think i got it
Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #67

one more try....

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/278386/cat/500][img]
Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #68

son of a #$%&*
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #70
TruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruKnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
It looks better on when paired with those lights, but if you ditch the lights then ditch the bar too imo.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #71
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I would guess his use of the word to toboggan has a whole different meaning than your use of the word. Depending on where you're located.
Nope. OZ-T and I are on the same sled -er, page ... whatever. I've never heard anyone refer to any kind of garment as a "toboggan", but a bull barred Tacoma does have the look of a toboggan to my eyes, too.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #72
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna say I like it but paint it black until I seen the later pics. Thought about painting or color matching the grill? I do like it and think it looks better black too.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #73
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good all black.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #74
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
so...
what is/was the origional intent of a "bull bar" to begin with?
did it have something to do with bulls? rancher trucks?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #75
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
so...
Curb feelers?

Whatever the original intent, they currently seem to function as light mounts and appearance items ... not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
so...
It started in Australia as "roo bars" because they got lots of damage when hitting kangaroos in the outback. Those original ones are as stout as bull dozer blades.
Then, because there are no kanagaroos here, it became bull bars. Another variant is brush bars, which is supposed to keep branches and brush away from your headlights and grill/radiator.
Over time they became a "fashion statement" and became weaker, especialy the mounting brackets, so now they don't really serve any purpose anymore, other than aestetic.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
It started in Australia as "roo bars" because they got lots of damage when hitting kangaroos in the outback. Those original ones are as stout as bull dozer blades.
Then, because there are no kanagaroos here, it became bull bars. Another variant is brush bars, which is supposed to keep branches and brush away from your headlights and grill/radiator.
Over time they became a "fashion statement" and became weaker, especialy the mounting brackets, so now they don't really serve any purpose anymore, other than aestetic.
thank you

I kinda figured some sort of literal/practicle application...but did not know about the kangaroos.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #78
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripps2012 View Post
Not a fan of bull bars, but with the lift it's not that bad looking to be honest. I don't like the way come from under the truck, but with a lift it kind of works. If you like then roll with it that's what matters.
X2