Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

K&N oil VS. AFE Pro Dry

Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
K&N oil VS. AFE Pro Dry

I currently have a K&N oil air filter. I took it out today to make sure it wasn't dirty and of course it wasn't. So I thought why not clean and re-oil it, so I did.
I'm currently thinking about purchasing the AFE dry air filter, I'm looking for more mpg, and from what I have read on here more people recommend it. What do you guys think?

PM if your interested in purchasing the K&N oil air filter.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
The air filter wont make a difference. Your right foot will.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCUT View Post
The air filter wont make a difference. Your right foot will.
x2
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
MOLON LABE
Ragin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud of

Navy: 8452/8404 Corpsman
Name: Doc
Ragin Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I just like the aFe because it is a wash and dry - no re-oiling it at all.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
6 of one, half dozen the other...

The K&N gets a bad rap from guys that over-oil and coat their sensors in sludge, the Pro-Dry has gotten some guys saying that they don't filter out dust as well as stock...

In all honesty, I think my Pro-Dry got me about a half a mpg difference... If you want good gas mileage, keep it under 2000 RPM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They both let more dirt in.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
efritzer is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
efritzer's Tacoma Gallery
I currently run a K&N CAI on a 2003 Tacoma. Anyone every try to run the AFE Pro Dry Filter on a K&N intake tube? It seems like a good fix for the over oil without buying a whole new intake. Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmash133 View Post
I currently have a K&N oil air filter. I took it out today to make sure it wasn't dirty and of course it wasn't. So I thought why not clean and re-oil it, so I did.
I'm currently thinking about purchasing the AFE dry air filter, I'm looking for more mpg, and from what I have read on here more people recommend it. What do you guys think?

PM if your interested in purchasing the K&N oil air filter.
I went from a k&n to a afe. Main reason was I read the k&n let's In more fine particles. Which in the long run will wear the engine more. Not needing to oil is nice too