1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD+Tow package or yamaha edition

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rancid, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Aug 12, 2007 at 5:33 AM
    acemjdrvr

acemjdrvr Member

Member:
    Guys i own the Yamaha edition and for what you get its a great truck. I didn't need the tow package but wanted all the goodies that the tow-off road package offers. I looked at all 3 trucks and without a doubt the Yami was the best bang for my buck. like i said i am not towing anything so i don't need all the toys the tow package comes with. The sport seats are great, it has the 17 inch tires and rims plus the TRD exhaust as well as the the power outlet but the biggy is the full off road suspension and the hood scoop. For me it was a lock. I also put the K&N air charger intake kit in and i notice a difference plus it sounds way cool. Food for thought guys but the Yami is a good choice in my opinion. I live in Ontario and got it for 39K tax in

2. Aug 13, 2007 at 6:49 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Maverick: i agree, i think being a gyno would be the worst job ever. It takes my favorite thing in the world and makes it disgusting. I think being a gyno would turn me off of women. I would probably never have sex again if i saw the "dark side" of the "goodies".

3. Aug 13, 2007 at 5:53 PM
    rancid

rancid [OP] Active Member

Member:
    ugh....well looks like I'll be waiting around for the 08 tacos. the 07's has some fairly limited selection right now...well understandably so. The 08's interest rates are pretty high so I'll have to wait it out. Anyone know when toyota usually drop their rates?

I'd rather wait for the 08 to get the color that I want rather than get a color that I don't want. Right now, I've got red and silver to choose from...and I want the black, indigo ink or the speedway blue. Meanwhile...doesn't mean I can't start buying the accessories! LOL

4. Aug 14, 2007 at 5:44 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.

Hello... You must be in the wrong forum or something. Who cares about Indigo Ink and Speedway Blue. The topic here is Gyno's and vagina's. Conduct yourself accordingly!

5. Aug 14, 2007 at 7:48 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    When you say the interest rates are higher do you mean from the dealer? I went through my local credit union and they beat the dealer and local banks. If you want an 08 go for it, just dont finance through the stealership. I agree about color though. I was willing to buy black and black only. The dealer asked if there was any other color i would consider and i said "no". When you are paying that much for a truck, and your buying it new, you should get the color you want. You can't be picky when buying used but you can be picky as hell buying new, i was. Anyway, i'd keep looking if i were you

6. Aug 14, 2007 at 7:49 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    good point, less truck talk more vagina talk :)

7. Aug 14, 2007 at 8:01 AM
    rancid

Member:
    ^^lol...I don't need to see anymore of those. I work in the ER...I see enough of them from a day to day basis. =P

As for the truck...yeah, totally agree that I should be getting the color I want. With the interest rates, it would be financing through Toyota Credit. I know the rates with them are a bit high right now but I kinda expected it being the new model and all. I suspect they may drop in a few months...I can wait, not in any hurry by any means. I can try to see what the banks would offer but I doubt any better since they work on a prime rate basis. Right now our prime rate is 6.25% so it'll definitely be higher.

8. Aug 14, 2007 at 8:14 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, they checked my credit at the dealer. they didnt give me the number but said that my credit was on the borderline. almost exclellent but not quite. They offered me 6.5% and i got just above 6% from my credit union.

9. Aug 14, 2007 at 10:05 AM
    TRDeity

TRDeity Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDpro
    The dealer beat my credit union by .25%. The dealer usually has more flexibility with their rates than banks or credit unions, just get the rate from your credit union tell them at the dealer and they will try to beat it.

10. Aug 14, 2007 at 10:30 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, i told the dealer what my credit union gave me and the finance guy didnt even attempt to beat it. they didnt seem to care at all

11. Aug 14, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I financed through my Dealership at 6.25% and they threw in some extra warranties for free. Two weeks later I had switched it over to my Credit Union for 5.75%. I got my wife's 06 RAV4 at 4.99% through the Credit Union this month last year.

I wish they did mortgages in the state of Texas. :(

12. Aug 15, 2007 at 5:56 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    What is wrong with you? :eek:

See if you would qualify for a "secured line of credit". They are normally below prime and some lenders work out a hell of a good deal provided you have sufficient equity. I mean 2 to 3 points below prime.

13. Aug 15, 2007 at 8:24 AM
    rancid

Member:
    LOL!!!

Yeah I'll pop by the bank and see what they can do for me. It's so much more versatile for payments and such.

I was just on the toyota website and the yamaha edition isn't available for the 08's anymore. The SR5 package gets a bit of a boost as to what's included. TRD package pretty much remained the same.

14. Aug 23, 2007 at 1:22 PM
    Teknishun

Teknishun Well-Known Member

Member:
    The only thing I can add to this thread... if you don't buy the TRD, buy the Xrunner. Fun to drive is understatement. I wish I cared less about the warranty so I could mod it up, but I guess that's why I own a Mustang and a SHO. I need to keep my paws out of this engine bay for another 70k.

15. Aug 23, 2007 at 1:59 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    The only "SHO" i'm familiar with is the Ford Taurus SHO, i hope to God you're not talking about that being fun to drive....

16. Aug 23, 2007 at 2:03 PM
    Teknishun

Member:
    That is exactly the SHO I'm talking about.

17. Aug 23, 2007 at 2:15 PM
    Teknishun

Member:
    Nah you're right an SHO could never be fun to drive. ;-)

[​IMG]

18. Aug 23, 2007 at 3:48 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    I played baseball with a guy who had one...needless to say that thing hauled ass!

19. Aug 24, 2007 at 3:59 AM
    rancid

Member:
    well i did look at the x-runner. I liked it but I need the 4x4 option as I travel to the ski slopes quite often. Everytime I go up, the conditions vary from ice to heavy snow. I know i'll get into a bit of trouble with the 4x2 x-runner. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to drive but not really what I'm looking for in a truck.

20. Aug 24, 2007 at 7:02 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Ok, maybe i spoke pre-maturely. I've never been in a SHO but i had friends with taurus's in high school and they barely moved, i just assumed the SHO was the same way. What is the stock engine and output? i'm assuming its front wheel drive like the Taurus?

I still have not been in one so i dont know how to rate it but i take back my earlier statement. If you live near the SC area maybe i'll come visit you and take it for a spin around the track ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top