Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

powder-coated Grill Craft BG & eyelids finally installed!!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
powder-coated Grill Craft BG & eyelids finally installed!!

So I finally got my 5pc Grill Craft back from powder-coat, and installed it yesterday. I also installed the eye-lids, and removed the Westin Bull Guard.

BEFORE

AFTER

Any advice on which skid-plate??? I don't think I will be re-installing the Westin Bull-Guard. I'm thinking about sending the OE TRD skid plate to the powder-coater as well. I think that would look really nice in HGloss Black, and finish off the bottom of the truck.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Awesome. What a sweet transformation. I'm sure you're excited about it. Love the eyelids and that grill looks tight! As far as the skid plate is concerned... go for the factory style OEM and spray it black as well.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Changes the look of the truck completely! Nice job!
No bull bar!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Along that note, phantom's got a good point. With your rim and tire set-up, a skid plate might look a little off! Street tires and a skid plate don't go together. Perhaps you should get new rims and tires as well as a skid plate (black one of course).
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

Thanks. Yeah I was pretty happy with the results.

So happy, that after spending the entire day installing the grills (covered in black plastic from grinding & cutting) I immediately drove across town to have it professionally detailed & waxed...lol.

I agree it looks better now without the bull-guard. I do think it needs something to finish off the bottom.

I'll look around today for other skid-plate options, but more then likely will end up sending the OE skid plate to the powder-coater.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I like those eyelids, they make the truck look tough.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
i like it looks real good nice job
Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I think the OEM skidplate in black would set it off nicely.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Looks awsome, Nice work!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really good, i like the GrilleCraft with the eyelids, it finishes off the front
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

stephbm6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
I don't think I will be re-installing the Westin Bull-Guard.
Looks Great!!!!! What are you going to do with the Westin Bull-Guard?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Rybread1
rybread1 is on a distinguished road
rybread1's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Plate looks great!!!! And no, you don't want to be in a roll-over man, it's no fun! But if you do roll in my jurisdiction, I'll make sure to point out the skid plate to everyone on scene!!! "Then" we will start cutting you out!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbm6 View Post
Looks Great!!!!! What are you going to do with the Westin Bull-Guard?
I guess try to sell it...hopefully locally. I'm building up quite the collection of parts I dont have room to store!!!

I've got an extra set of Front door skins, as I was planning on modding a set for my speaker pods, the hood (bug) deflector I took off, an extra set of BLHM's once I finish my latest set and swap them out, a Borla intake I replaced with the URD, an extra set of rear cargo bins, which I will hold on to as I modified mine for the system....
Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybread1 View Post
looks good
Now that's a bad ass 1st generation Tacoma!!! I like the skull rims too!!!