1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end alignment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tuctaco, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Oct 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Tuctaco

Tuctaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Katzkins, Redline hood struts, Pop & Lock,285/75/16 Toyo Open County ATll, 16X8 Konig Countersteer, Icon extended coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Icon progressive leaf pack, LR UCA's, extended brake lines,
    I just got my lift installed this weekend, so I took it to Frestone to get the front end aligned and they are telling me that they don't have the software for their OBDll scanner to run on a 2012 Tacoma.
    WTF
    Has anyone else run into this problem? There using the scanner to reset traction control.

2. Oct 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    1stacoma

1stacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM SR5 DCSB 4.0
    5100's front and rear, front 2.5" rear 2" AAL, 18% tint front and rear, color matched grill. SCS wheels 275/70/17 BFG AT KO's. DTRL toggle switch.
    I got my truck aligned a little over a month ago at firestone. I had billys set at 2.5" with 2" AAL. I got wheels and tires and installed UCA's took it back to firestone this past weekend. They tried to align it but gave me some BS that their machine would no longer work on my vehicle because of the lift and UCA's. I just think the the tec was lazy didnt want to read the directions for the UCA's but they didn't charge me. Lots of techs are lazy they just want to do the simple work and simple alignments. Anything that requires them to think they don't want to do.

So I'm taking it to 4 wheel parts to get aligned tomorrow for $150 which I didnt want to pay but I have to have it.

3. Oct 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    holy shit that's a lot for alignment. a local tire shop aligned my truck no problem when I installed coilovers UCA and leafs. I say shop around some more, forget Firestone.

4. Oct 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Did you buy Firestone's lifetime alignment service? Seems like a convenient way for them to weasel out of doing work. "Toyota started using WS synthetic blinker fluid in 2011 and it's incompatible with our alignment rack." :rolleyes:

If you don't have lifetime alignment there, just go to a different shop, maybe even the dealer. I'm sure someone else will appreciate the business, especially since the rear suspension doesn't need any work.

Higher lifts (over 3") often need VSC recalibrated, but I wouldn't trust Firestone to do it.

5. Oct 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    1stacoma

1stacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM SR5 DCSB 4.0
    5100's front and rear, front 2.5" rear 2" AAL, 18% tint front and rear, color matched grill. SCS wheels 275/70/17 BFG AT KO's. DTRL toggle switch.
    Yeah hopefully its right for that kind of money. If I knew of a shop that would do it correctly for less that is what I would do. I also tried to get it for less and I got firestoned. This also is Texas where lifted trucks with UCA's aren't as common. If any one knows of a legit shop in Austin that does good alignments speak up.

6. Oct 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    My dealer charged me $90 for 4-wheel alignment plus another $30 to pump grease into the UCA bushings, because I didn't know All-Pro shipped them dry...

Products Discussed in

To Top