Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dash rings mods

Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #201
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Krylon Fusion

heres mine since i wasnt included in the pictars

Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #203
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmash133 View Post
I have 06, I didn't want to scuff things up, wanted to do a write up since nobody has done one about this yet! Thanks though!
Wow, thanks Smash.
I hate my silver rings and am going to do them flat black to make them disappear.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #204
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just did my rings flat black...

Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #205
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
How did you do the tweeter rings?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #206
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
How did you do the tweeter rings?
Remove your door panel and pop them out from the back. I believe they have 2-3 plastic pieces that are melted that you need to cut, but mine literally popped right out.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #207
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Remove your door panel and pop them out from the back. I believe they have 2-3 plastic pieces that are melted that you need to cut, but mine literally popped right out.
This. And there are 3 plastic beads you can either cut off or melt and soften and may be able to reuse them when installing. Either way, I would suggest super glue or some adhesive when reinstalling them. I didn't and my driver door tweeter ring kept popping off if the door was closed too hard. Just to save you from having to take it all apart again later down the road.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #208
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, now I'm a little nervous about it lol
Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #209
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
Thanks, now I'm a little nervous about it lol
No need, I pulled my door panels and literally popped my rings right off before I even realized about the 3 little plastic melted tab thingys. Not hard at all and like the Chad said, drop some super glue or maybe double sided tape and you'll be good to go for reinstallation.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #210
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Silicone also works well at securely reattaching things you don't want to vibrate loose, but may want to remove cleanly at a later date.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #211
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofthekings View Post
What kind of paint did you use?
I used my favorite... Rustoleum high temp flat BBQ black.
It's good advice to remove the dash first and release the tabs from the back with a small screwdriver. I would have destroyed my rings trying to pry them off from the front.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #212
Jabe is on a distinguished road
Name: Gabe
Jabe's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up. Did this mod this weekend. Whats the easiest way to paint the steering wheel emblem? I wanna paint that next.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #213
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go. Did this write a while ago...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...deadening.html
Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #215
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRDTX View Post
did dash rings along with a/c vent trim in red
Looks good! What color did you use?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #217
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a write up on how to do the trim around the vents?
Old 09-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #218

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
Do you have a write up on how to do the trim around the vents?
For that you basically have to remove your a/c panel, radio, and then unbolt and unsnap the surround piece out. Once out pop the vents off and tape. It's easy to do but can be time consuming.