Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dash rings mods

Old 10-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #41
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
sorry men, I cant seem to upload an actual picture from my PC, Im using photobucket and Im copying the direct link, and then I tried the globe with the chain, and then I tried the square box with the mountain, no Luck, any help?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #43
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Can you get the rings off without taking everything apart?
It would be really difficult in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
It would be really difficult in my opinion.
I don't mind difficult as long as they don't break.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
sorry men, I cant seem to upload an actual picture from my PC, Im using photobucket and Im copying the direct link, and then I tried the globe with the chain, and then I tried the square box with the mountain, no Luck, any help?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't mind difficult as long as they don't break.
Well you can try, they are held in by clips from the back, you will probably end up either scuffing your dash or breaking a ring. I would really recommend doing it the way he showed. It only took about 15 minutes to get it all apart.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #47
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Well you can try, they are held in by clips from the back, you will probably end up either scuffing your dash or breaking a ring. I would really recommend doing it the way he showed. It only took about 15 minutes to get it all apart.
True. Might as well. Better then messing up the dash or breaking a ring
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #48
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
You can take the middle clip out without going through the whole process
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #49
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmash133 View Post
You can take the middle clip out without going through the whole process
I agree, its very easy to take the rings out, if you have good mind, hand coordination, I used a 90 degree stubby screw driver, and from the back pushed out the clips and each one came out, but if your not comfortable working blind like that, then be safe.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #51
Cruise
TheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud ofTheSmash133 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
TheSmash133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree, its very easy to take the rings out, if you have good mind, hand coordination, I used a 90 degree stubby screw driver, and from the back pushed out the clips and each one came out, but if your not comfortable working blind like that, then be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
nice interior op, black and red is always nice...im just the orange and black guy
Hahha yea, it's really not hard to do!

Thanks man! I bet orange looks great!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #52
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmash133 View Post
Hahha yea, it's really not hard to do!

Thanks man! I bet orange looks great!
sure does!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #53

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Door tweeters, shifter guide, pen cup

Quote:
sure does!

did you spray the shifter guide, the pen/cup holder and the tweeters at the door? they look good, Id like to black mine out,

door tweeters, Do you have to take the doors covers off?
pen holder, how does that come out?

thanks and good job
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #54
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
did you spray the shifter guide, the pen/cup holder and the tweeters at the door? they look good, Id like to black mine out,

door tweeters, Do you have to take the doors covers off?
pen holder, how does that come out?

thanks and good job
sprayed it all man thanks man, you gotta take the door panels off then remove from behind like the gauge rings. pen holder was a giant PITA that involved alot of tape...but eventually 30min of taping payed off haha.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #56
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
I still when I see your truck Stefen.
its hard not to lookin at it everyday
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #57
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
its hard not to lookin at it everyday
Can we trade trucks? Lol I just wish I had a good 5 grand or so to make a dream truck out of mine. Baby steps
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Can we trade trucks? Lol I just wish I had a good 5 grand or so to make a dream truck out of mine. Baby steps
shit ive made baby steps...still so much more to come!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
shit ive made baby steps...still so much more to come!!
I technically haven't made a step yet since my truck came with the lift, wheels, and tires already. But I wish the previous owner had better taste in wheels I want new wheels and some duratracs. I wish the lift was more level and my tires/wheels didn't look small in the back. I would like to get bigger tires, but idk if it's worth a bunch of trimming.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #60
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can you get the rings off without taking everything apart?
Yes, you just have to be careful, I did mine in a speedway blue type color. And my Toyota emblem on the steering wheel.